Company: Management & Training Corporation
Location: Port Mansfield
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Reports to the principal. Responsible for providing academic
instruction to offenders in accordance with
approved curricula in compliance with Management & Training
Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of
Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Plan and conduct classes for offenders in Adult Basic Education
(ABE) and General Educational
Development (GED), reading skills development, language skills
development, writing skills, math,
language arts, literature, science, social studies, special
education curriculum and other subjects
selected to correspond with the ability and limitations of the
2. Prepare special teaching plans, courses, activities and learning
experiences appropriate for the specific
offenders assigned with written curricula coordinated with the
Secretary's Commission on Achieving
Necessary Skills (SCANS) competencies and workplace skills.
3. Utilize appropriate audio and visual teaching materials
individualized to the specific needs of the
4. Administer individual educational tests and learning aptitude
tests and use the results for prescriptive
5. Assess and document offender performance and provide feedback to
6. Participate in staff conferences in an endeavor to develop and
improve educational programs.
7. Coordinate activities and classes in conjunction with
appropriate school districts or other parties.
8. Develop program and related educational materials as necessary
for the establishment and
maintenance of assigned classes.
9. Adjust material and curriculum to the individual differences of
the offenders assigned.
10. Confer with offenders and instructors to evaluate results of
11. Promote the development of positive social skills through
modeling appropriate behaviors and
intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide
regular feedback to staff regarding
social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
12. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as
assigned within his/her capabilities as
determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an
organization recognized by the Council for
Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or United States Department
of Education (USDE) and State Board for
Educator Certification (SBEC) certificate for area of assignment
required. Elementary and/or Secondary level
certifications in core subject area. Valid driver's license in the
state of Texas with an acceptable driving record
required, unless waived by management. - Must be a U.S.
Citizen.Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Keywords: Management & Training Corporation, Brownsville , Academic Instructor, Education / Teaching , Port Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!