Site Piling Field Engineer
Company: System One
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Position Summary: The Marine Civil Superintendent is responsible
for activities relating to marine construction and field
engineering within the civil discipline. Duties include
interpreting civil design drawings and specifications,
steel/precast concrete pile driving onshore, and marine pile
driving (combination sheet pile & pipe), field verification of
materials, and technical direction to craft personnel as required.
This position is not considered the design authority, but only to
enforce civil construction per design and specification.
- Coordinate with engineering on constructability and design
issues relating to the civil discipline such as marine pile driving
involving sheet piles, pipe and prestressed concrete piles,
steel/precast concrete erection, etc.
- Responsible for quantity take-off, quantity control, tracking,
reporting, and forecasting for civil discipline.
- Specify the civil criteria for construction of temporary
construction facilities as required such as use of templates for
combi wall installation system.
- Prepare requisitions for field procured materials, material
substitution, services, and equipment.
- Review material receiving reports and warehousing to assure
delivery of correct civil materials.
- Coordinate and monitor the interfaces for civil data exchange
to support the construction automation plan and the project
controls program requirements at the jobsite.
- Manage the civil construction quality program.
- Prepare cost estimates for civil construction activities and
support preparation of cost reports, forecast and progress
- Coordinate with Field Supervision and Subcontractors to
plan/support construction schedules. Plan and recommend civil
procedures to be implemented by Field Supervision to ensure
construction operations are within requirements of engineering
design and specifications.
- Work with customer s resident engineering and operating
personnel to coordinate civil construction activities.
- Coordinate subcontract activities to ensure civil materials,
equipment and quality comply with design plans and
- Implement controls over variables affecting civil installation
job progress such as steel erection. Also ensure engineering and
procurement provide timely delivery of drawings, materials and
equipment and that other corporate programs are fully
- Administer subcontract changes regarding the civil discipline
and participate in contractual discussions and negotiations.
- Develop a Job Hazard Analysis on the proposed marine activities
with adequate controls to mitigate the risks and hazards.
- Implement a marine execution plan with regards to means and
methods. Work with and confirm that all direct hire and
sub-contractor marine activities related to the project are
performing in accordance with all Bechtel core processes and
procedure as well as applicable government rules and
- Perform other duties as required by Bechtel management.
Validate and submit (discipline) construction quantities for
Quantity Unit Rate Report (QURR) tracking. Interface with Project
Controls for submittal of quantities to ePCWorks.
- Ability to work on barges over water. Qualifications and
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical
discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of 10
years relevant work experience or 15 years work experience without
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a superintendent or other
senior site responsible for leading and managing a multidiscipline
- Experience in Piledriving and familiarity with Marine
Construction equipment and Direct hire construction experience on
large scale project.
- Have working knowledge of structural construction operations.
Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health
(ES&H). Demonstrated commitment to a Zero Accident safety
- Must be computer-literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and
- Must be familiar with current industry quality standards.
- Basic knowledge of Project Technical Requests (PTR) for routing
and resolving Requests for Information (RFIs), Field Change
Documents (FCDs), and Non-Conformance/Compliance Reports (NCRs)
between project sites, contractors, clients, and home office.
- Basic knowledge of work packaging and basic ability to
manipulate completions module and PunchWorks for interface with the
start-up team. Additional Qualifications (optional):
- Intermediate understanding of production management including
- Strong communication skills. Strong interpersonal and teamwork
- Intermediate knowledge of cost management including estimating
and forecast development.
Keywords: System One, Brownsville , Site Piling Field Engineer, Engineering , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!