Lead Case Manager
Posted on: March 14, 2019
The Lead Case Manager is responsible for coordinating case management in a safe and timely release services, training new case managers, and supervision the work of other case managers. They ensure timely and coordinated case management and family reunification services for children in an on-site children's residential facility. Responsible for the safe and timely release of all children to appropriate care. May be assigned to departments such as Shelter, Audit, etc. They ensure contractual requirements and client expectations are met at the on-site residential facility. Reports to the Supervisory Lead Case Manager.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles, and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which CHSi is recognized.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates case management and family reunification services for children.
- Ensures case managers initiate and maintains direct contact with each child and the child's family while the child is in ORR care in order to efficiently advance the child's family reunification and release the child from the facility.
- Provides oversight of case managers ensures quality control over work and ensure adherence to contract policies and procedures.
- Oversees sponsor identification and review cases prior to release request.
- Facilitates the timely release or discharge of children to identified family members or authorized caregiver/custodian and document the provision of services in each child's case file.
- Ensures assessments are conducted in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Reports significant incidents in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Works closely with counselors and care coordinators to ensure communication.
- Maintains the ORR Database in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (speak, read, and write)
- Master's degree in the behavioral sciences, human services or social services fields OR Bachelor's degree and at least three (3) years of progressive employment experience that demonstrates supervisory and case management experience.
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Clean criminal background check
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills
- Master's degree in the behavioral sciences, human services or social services fields and at least three years of progressive employment experience in the aforementioned fields
- 1 year of case management
- 3 year of supervisory
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training, and goals.
- Ensures safety and security of all UAC and the operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Visual acuity required to complete paperwork, computer work and direct line of sight
- supervision of staff
- Able to communicate verbally and listen to constant surveillance of staff activities
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, lightning,
- and winds)
- Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.
- Ability to stand; particularly for sustained periods of time
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law. Associated topics: case manager, case management, development manager, manage, office manager, project, program development, project development, project management, resource development
Keywords: CHSi, Brownsville , Lead Case Manager, Executive , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!