Trauma Manager (RN)
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Valley Regional Medical Center - Brownsville, TX
Trauma Manager (RN)
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional
Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding
communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best
health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with
over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley
Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality
inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency
Department Cardiology Open Heart Surgery Neurosurgery Endoscopy
Imaging Women's Services Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Valley Regional Medical Cente r is currently looking for a Trauma
The Trauma Program Manager is an autonomously functioning
Registered Nurse who, as a result of education and in-depth
clinical experience, possesses knowledge and clinical skills
necessary to coordinate all activities for the Trauma Program. The
Manager collaborates with other health care team members by serving
as a trauma coordinator, clinical practitioner, educator,
consultant, and researcher. Responsible for monitoring and
coordinating all trauma program and system elements to insure
institutional compliance with the Texas State Trauma Regulations
for Trauma Center Designation. The trauma Coordinator functions
under the supervision of the trauma Program Medical Director. The
Trauma Coordinator is to work with our Federal, State and local
entities. The Emergency Preparedness Planner will provide
real-world expertise and experiences to support the development of
disaster response plans, leveraging deliberate and adaptive
planning processes as appropriate.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assists in promoting optimal trauma care through clinical
activities, professional and public education, and quality
2. Acts as a resource person to all patient care areas regarding
nursing care related to trauma patients.
3. Collaborates with the hospital Medical Staff, Administration,
Department Managers, Regional Coordinators, and Nursing Staff to
coordinate all aspects of trauma care.
4. Oversees the Trauma Registry, Trauma Log and Quality Improvement
Program for the Trauma Center.
5. Assures personal professional development through continuing
education and participation in professional workshops,
organizations and seminars.
6. Coordinates Trauma Committees in collaboration with Trauma
7. Monitors clinical outcomes and system issues related to quality
of care delivery; develops quality filters, audits and case
reviews, identifying trends and sentinel events, and helps to
outline remedial actions.
8. Manages the operational, personnel, and financial aspects of the
Trauma program, serves as a liaison to administration, and
represents the program on various hospital and community committees
to enhance and foster optimal trauma care management.
9. Participates actively in Trauma Regional Advisory Council-V.
10. Develops and implements policies and procedures that will guide
and support the provision of patient services.
11. Assures that the facility as a whole is compliant with DSHS
Level Trauma Facility rules and regulations.
12. Attends a minimum of 75% of TTCF, GETAC, TRAC General
Membership and TRAC Board meetings each year per requirement of the
13. Coordinates an annual evaluation of emergency management, to
include the hazard vulnerability analysis and the emergency
management plan, including objectives, scope, functionality, and
14. Acts as resource person for emergency preparedness.
Keywords: HCA., Brownsville , Trauma Manager (RN), Executive , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!