Director (RN) of Pediatric and NICU Services
Company: Valley Regional Medical Center
Posted on: September 7, 2019
SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a Director (RN) of
Pediatric and NICU Services.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues.
We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious
Director (RN) of Pediatric and NICU Services to help us reach our
goals. Unlock your potential here!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits
to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in
several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can
even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs.
Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex
spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate
in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment
Director (RN) of Pediatric and NICU Services
Valley Regional Medical Center - Brownsville, Texas
What you will do in this role:
* Performs position in line with Employee Satisfaction, Patient
Satisfaction, Physician Satisfaction, Continuous Performance
Improvement, and/or Community Involvement
* Adheres to established hospital and department guidelines and
protocols. Supports hospital mission, vision, and values.
* Develops/implements policies/procedures that guide/support the
provision of services.
* Coordinates all department services placing patient safety as the
* Delegates tasks appropriate to meet the needs of the individual
patient and to the skills of the employee supervised.
* Recommends a sufficient number of qualified/competent staff to
provide department services in support of provision of
* Determines the qualifications/competence of personnel.
* Continuously assesses/improves department's performance.
* Maintains/implements quality control programs.
* Provides for the orientation, in-service training and continuing
education and development of staff.
* Participates in development and evaluation of professional
practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees,
special projects and attendance at staff meetings.
* Actively participates in unit and/or hospital performance
* Completes mandatory education, including, but not limited to,
infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS and
OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard
Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
* Follows established guidelines for compliance with Infection
Prevention and TJC Patient Safety Goals and Practices.
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient
safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses
system to report potential and actual patient safety issues,
medical errors or unanticipated outcomes.
* Uses Performance Improvement process to improve patient safety
and patient outcomes.
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
* Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or Business
required or within 24 months of hire
* Current RN license in the State of Texas
* National specialty certification preferred
* 10 years nursing experience
* 5 years management experience preferred
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional
Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding
communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best
health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with
over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley
Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality
inpatient and outpatient programs and services.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000
Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900
facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory
surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff
continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have
been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals
based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively
reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
promptly contacted by our recruiters for interviews. Submit your
application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Valley Regional Medical Center, Brownsville , Director (RN) of Pediatric and NICU Services, Executive , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!