PRN Night Shift - Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Room (ER)
Company: Exceptional Healthcare Inc.
Posted on: June 26, 2022
5K Signing Bonus - Overtime Pay - Shift DiffThe Emergency Room
Nurse provides direct and indirect patient care in the emergency
care setting and provides care that reflects initiative,
flexibility, and responsibility indicative of professional
expectation with a minimum of supervision. The Emergency Room Nurse
is able to triage safely, rapidly and accurately, every patient
that enters the emergency care system.ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Determine priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial
needs, as well as factors
- influencing patient flow through the system.
- Communicate with Emergency Department physicians about changes
in patient's status, symptomatology, and results of diagnostic
- Able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition
or response to treatment.
- Maintain awareness of current ER operational policies and
procedures which impact position responsibilities.
- Demonstrate current comprehensive and professional knowledge
and skills in conformation with recognized nursing standards
including the Patient Bill of Rights standards for patient care and
the Nurse Practice Act.
- Provide direct patient care, evaluate outcomes, consult with
other specialists as required and adjust nursing care processes as
indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and
reassessments as per policy, including pediatric, adolescent, and
geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Able to use triage process to ensure timely and appropriate
care to patients and accurately assign triage categories.
- Able to adequately assess and reassess pain, utilize
appropriate pain management techniques, and educate the patient and
family regarding pain management.
- Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly
interpret the results.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cardiac monitoring to identify
- Able to perform waived testing (point-of-care testing) per
Clinical Laboratory's and according to patient care unit's policies
- Able to interpret the results of waived tests and take
appropriate action on waived test results.
- Maintain current knowledge of medications and their correct
administration based on age of the patient and his/her clinical
- Maintain accurate and continued nursing documentation including
patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses, and
assessment of changes.
- Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduce the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Interact professionally with patient and family and involve
patient and family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Formulate a teaching plan based on identified learning needs
and evaluate effectiveness of learning, including family in
teaching as appropriate.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for
patients and families in accordance with ER standards.
- Ensure an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of
- Assist in cost containment through appropriate ordering and
conserving of supplies and equipment.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- At least 3-5 years of Emergency, Room Registered Nurse
- Basic computer skills
- EHR Documentation via EPOWERdocCERTIFICATE/ LICENSES
- Current state RN license
- Current BLS Certification
- Current ACLS Certification
- Current PALS CertificationSHIFT/SCHEDULE
- Part Time - As Needed Nights
Keywords: Exceptional Healthcare Inc., Brownsville , PRN Night Shift - Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Room (ER), Healthcare , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!