Regional Medical Lead RN - Med Surg
Company: Southwest Key Programs
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Regional Medical Lead RNJob Summary:
Medical Lead RN (MLRN) is responsible for directing and ensuring
the quality of medical services, treatment and/or interventions
provided to UM shelter residents in the program. These include
received quality and timely medical screenings upon admission that
include testing for communicable diseases, review and provision of
immunizations, prenatal care for pregnant children, and emergency
medical care and/or outpatient services for UM with identify
medical condition that require treatment.The RNC Register Nurse
(RN) analyzes the effectiveness of programming, ensures all
performance improvement standards are monitored, auditing, feedback
and training given to medical coordinators staff. Additional
responsibilities include collaboration with the Director of Medical
Services to ensure compliance with regulations in policy
development and implementation, as well as on-going program
refinement based upon advances in the program. #SWSR #ZR
* Provide health management, effective communication, and
leadership in the execution and direction of quality services to
youth, staff and medical service staff. Must be sensitive to the
needs of the youth in UMP, in the areas of health and social
services as one component.
* Prepare youth for examinations and record the medical intake,
take vital, height and weight. Initiate routine lab tests.
* Assist the medical providers' staff with examination procedures
when is needed such as patient screening and triage.
* Administer medications under the providers' orders, except I.V.
* Administer immunizations understanding orders from provider.
Phlebotomy and implant PPD when necessary.
* Educate and counsel youth concerning their disease, treatment,
and prevention of disease.
* Prepares written reports and presentations related to medical
programming, and deliver to appropriate audiences as needed. Update
and audit the program charts, data PCC, ETO, UAC portal, SIRs, TAR
and other related reports.
* Coordinates and supervise medical staff, and is responsible for
evaluate their performance and skills.
* Monitor health services provided by other professionals and
medical care coordinators as they relate to patient care in
accordance with the organization's policies and procedures, State
Licensing and Federal guidelines.
* Provide a fail-safe plan with medication count, schedule, label
accuracy, and SAOM, including over-the-counter drugs.
* Schedule and provide transportation when is needed to clients on
medical/dental appointments when necessary.
* Submit, review and follow up all the Significant Incidents
Reports and addendums, regarding Medical Issues.
* Participates in the development and conduct training of
educational programs for lead/medical coordinators, and staff as
needed (e.g. Universal Precautions, TB 101, Self -Administration Of
Medication-SAOM- infectious disease control)
* Collaborate with the DMS and conduct projects and initiatives
involving regional program data analysis and research.
* Develops and maintains a standardized medical services approach,
Policies and Procedures across the SWK shelters.
* Identify and apply the recommendations from Public Health
Departments, CDC and ORR.
* Performs nursing consultations and other duties as assigned
within the scope of Register Nurse. (See Manual)
* Provide monthly one-to-one program and region counseling and plan
intervention as needed.
* Maintain professional, confidential and ethical standards
guidelines by Southwest Key and other relevant entities.
* Developing and maintaining ongoing partnerships and communication
with medical providers and other agencies.
* Participate in and comply with all meetings, assignments and
* Respond and comply to individual emergency medical needs
* Must be available to travel to other cities, states, SWK sites,
and community sites as needed in order to support necessary program
operations and as needed for required training and implementation
of new initiatives and open new programs.
* Demonstrate the ability to react to change productively and
handle other essential tasks as assigned.
* Coordinating the staffing of medication errors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Register Nurse degree from an accredited college or university in
Nurse or Health Sciences; RN License or Nurse
Practitioner and Licensure according to State requirements.
o Must have graduated from an approved RN nursing program approved
by the National Council of
State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
o Must have passed the appropriate NCLEX-RN Exam
* Minimum 2-3 years of full-time direct service delivery
* Minimum 2-3 year of supervisory experience.
* Must possess medical assessment and treatment skills with diverse
populations of children/adolescents
* Must possess the ability to train staff, prepare reports and
recommendations for medical and administrative use, and have the
ability to work with youth in community-based programs, clinics,
hospitals, public health departments or federal agencies. Must
embrace cultural diversity awareness
* Must demonstrate exceptional:
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems collects data,
establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bilingual. (Spanish/English) Ability to read,
analyzes, and interprets common scientific technical journals,
financial reports, and legal documents.. Ability to effectively
present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards
of directors. Ability to communicate and respond to common
inquiries or complaints from on an effective level with both
clients and staff from a variety of disciplines.
SUPERVISORY SKILLS: Ability to carry out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and
directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and
* Compliance with pre-service drug testing
* Cleared Tuberculosis test results.
* Immunization documentation, Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis
(Td/Tdap), Varicella, (MMR), Hepatitis A and B.
* Cleared background check from appropriate entity.
* Cleared drug test results (for Texas programs only).
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule and be on-call evenings
* Comply with annual training
* Bilingual. (Spanish/English) or willing to learn Spanish
* One (2-3) year of full-time experience in a hospital, clinic,
medical department or physician's office.
* One (2-3) year experience in file maintenance working with
troubled adolescents or youth services.
Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse UM population
Experience must focus on community-based programs, and/or direct
practical experience with UM
Bending, stooping, and lifting a minimum of 15-25 lbs required to
complete daily tasks
Must have the ability to remain in standing position for extended
periods of the work day
Ability to work a flexible work schedule is required dependent upon
the department, facility or program in which s/he works and job
duties assigned. Work schedules are subject to variation from time
to time depending on the needs of the department, facility or
program. The work is performed in a shelter setting which operates
24 hours a day, 7 days a week,365 days a year. In order to
satisfactorily perform all job duties for this position, medical
provider and staff are expected to be available to work at any time
as directed by his/her supervisor.
Keywords: Southwest Key Programs, Brownsville , Regional Medical Lead RN - Med Surg, Healthcare , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!