Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Medical Technologist with Valley Regional Medical Center you
can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving
back!BenefitsValley Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the Valley Regional Medical Center family! We will give you
the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We
are looking for an enthusiastic Medical Technologist to help us
reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and
- Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the
Medical Technologist performs routine, complex or specialized
bacteriological, hematological, chemical, immunological,
serological and immunoassay procedures on body fluids.
- Requires no supervision for processing specimens, performing
testing, or reporting results. No review of patient results is
required prior to reporting.
- Maintains required competencies in all departments
- Demonstrates accuracy for all testing performed.
- Observes patient safety, risk management and infection control
policies and procedures
- Performs related quality control and required proficiency
testing according to policy and procedure.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and
to continue personal and professional growth.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance
improvement activities on the unit and with other service
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time
management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting
cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of
care. To actively market services to increase volume and
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to
protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate
compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and
uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of
social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians,
nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for
continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance,
punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude,
personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the
unit, facility and organization.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and
practice ethically and with integrity. Reports to: Laboratory
Director/Laboratory ManagerJob Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in a Chemical, Physical, Biological, or Medical
Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science (MT/CLS) from an accredited
- Or be qualified under CLIA guidelines for MT/CLS. This role
requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local,
state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or
religious exemption is approved).Founded as Valley Community
Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves
Brownsville, TX and the surrounding communities in the Rio Grande
Valley. Valley Regional Medical Center is a licensed 215+ bed
facility with over 200 physicians representing 25+ specialties.
From emergency medicine, to diagnostic imaging services, and caring
for newborn babies, Valley Regional Medical Center is the hospital
that families count on when they are looking for quality healthcare
close to home. We are a designated Advanced Level III Trauma Center
and an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. Our Heart and Vascular
services include a full-range of cardiac services including
minimally invasive and open-heart surgery, cardiac cath lab, heart
imaging services and more. Our women's department includes labor,
delivery and recovery in a home-like setting. We also have a
C-section operating room on standby 24 hours a day and a Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit equipped with specially trained staff.
Innovation and an unwavering commitment to patient care are the
cornerstones of our hospital. Come experience our family centered
culture at Valley Regional.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Medical Technologist
opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient
care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Brownsville , Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!