Regional Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg
Company: Southwest Key Programs
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Regional Registered Nurse (RN)Job Summary:
The Regional Registered Nurse (Regional RN) is responsible for
guiding and ensuring the quality of clinical services, treatment,
and/or interventions provided to Unaccompanied Minor's (UM) for
multiple SWK programs in a region in collaboration with the
Regional Director of Medical Operations and contracted medical
providers. The Regional RN is devoted to overseeing delivery of
medical care in Southwest Key program settings with the emphasis on
disease prevention and health maintenance. Additional
responsibilities include ensuring compliance with State licensing,
Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), and all policies and
procedures implemented by Southwest Key Programs.
* Ensures all infection control, OSHA, CDC, and State licensing
guidelines are followed and maintained in all medical
* Coordinates and supervises medical department staff and is
responsible for evaluation of their performance and skills in
collaboration with Program Director and/or Assistant Program
* Coordinates program/regional meetings, training, and
presentations for professional development of medical department
* Creates and implements tools to monitor and audit the performance
of the medical department.
* Creates strategies and action plans for the prevention of
infectious disease outbreaks. Investigates outbreaks and
coordinates proper resources in response into any confirmed
* Maintains and implements any recommendations given by the Public
Health Departments, CDC, and ORR in collaboration with the Regional
Director of Medical Operations.
* Must be sensitive to the needs of minors, which includes all
areas of services.
* Participates in the development and delivery of on-the-job
training for medical staff as needed.
* Performs nursing consultations and other duties as assigned
within the scope of nursing services.
* Provides quality assurance for the medical department to include
the following (not limited to): Oral, written, and statistical
reports, presentations, auditing of electronic medical records,
maintaining all medical department electronic systems (ETO, PCC,
PCU, UAC portal) and all medical documents completed and provided
by the medical department.
* Provides health management, effective communication, and
leadership in the execution and direction of quality services to
minors, and staff.
* Recommends infection control procedures to maintain a safe
environment for children in care
* Performs and coordinates clinical care as follows: Maintains
medical supplies and prescribed medications, follows standing
orders, state licensing, and SW Key policies and procedures for
providing over the counter medications to minors, prepares youth
for examinations, and any other clinical tasks as needed.
* On call for programs in an assigned region as needed for any
medically related questions during 2nd and 3rd
* Maintains UM Medical inbox by responding appropriately,
following-up with pertinent emails, and/or directing emails to the
proper programs and ensuring completion of requests.
* Participates and implements continuous process improvement plans
indicated by Regional Director of Operations, PQA, and National
Director of Medical Services.
* Responsible for maintaining, following up, and reporting medical
complex cases for programs assigned. Reports pertinent information
concerning medical cases to the Regional Director of Medical
Operations and National Director of Medical Services.
* Review, edit, and create policies and desktop protocols as
requested by Regional Director of Medical Operations and/or
National Director of Medical Services.
* Assists other programs not assigned upon request.
* Any other task upon request
* Able to react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.
* Develop and maintain effective communication and working
relationships with staff, co-workers, medical providers, and UM
* Develop and expand medical, specialty and dental services with
* Maintain Health Information Privacy HIPAA.
* The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Coordinating the staffing of medication errors, significant
incident reports and other incidents as needed.
* Develop and maintain ongoing partnerships and communication with
medical providers and other agencies.
* Responds to individual emergency medical needs immediately.
* Maintains professionalism, confidentiality, and ethical standards
enforced by Southwest Key Programs
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Registered Nurse (RN) from an accredited college or university
with a bachelor's or Associates degree in nursing
* Foreign Graduates in Medical Sciences (e.g., physicians and
nurses): Applicants from countries or territories outside the USA
must meet the criteria validated by the appropriate USA
Institutions E.g., Educational Commission for Foreign Medical
Graduates (ECFMG) for physicians and the Commission on Graduates of
Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS)
* Cleared Tuberculosis test results.
* Immunization documentation: Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis
(Td/Tdap), Varicella, Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), Hepatitis A
* Cleared background check from appropriate entity.
* Cleared drug test results (for Texas programs only).
* Valid Drivers' License.
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule and be on-call evenings
* Comply with annual training
Must demonstrate exceptional:
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problem, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to read,
analyze, and interpret common scientific technical journals,
financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively
present information to executive management, public groups, and
management team. Ability to communicate and respond to common
inquiries or complaints from both clients and staff from a variety
SUPERVISORY SKILLS: Ability to carry out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and
directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and
* 2-5 years of experience providing direct patient care while
working in a hospital, outpatient clinic, public health department,
or any similar medical setting.
* 1-2 years of supervisory experience
Arizona candidates: Must have a minimum of 1 year employment
experience working with children and/or adolescents
* 2-5 years of experience working specifically with the pediatric
* Cultural competence and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse
Unaccompanied Minors population.
* Experience with community-based programs, and/or direct practical
experience with UM
* Bilingual. (Spanish/English).
* Bending, stooping, and lifting a minimum of 15-25 lbs. required
to complete daily tasks.
* Must have the ability to remain in standing position for extended
periods of the workday
Ability to work a flexible work schedule is required dependent upon
the department, facility, or program in which s/he works, and job
duties assigned. Work schedules are subject to variation from time
to time depending on the needs of the department, facility, or
program. The work is performed in a shelter setting, which operates
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. To satisfactorily
perform all job duties for this position, medical provider and
staff are expected to be available to work at any time as directed
by his/her supervisor. Ability to travel in and out state if needed
of the time.
Keywords: Southwest Key Programs, Brownsville , Regional Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg, Healthcare , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!