Charge Nurse RN Days - Med Surg
Company: Kindred Healthcare
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Charge Nurse RN Days$15,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded
in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients,
residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride
ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and
commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and
resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our
success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of
life for our employees, patients and residents.
The Charge Nurse RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care
that promotes safety and well-being of all patients ranging in age
from 18 years to geriatric experiencing medically complex
conditions, general medical-surgical conditions, with
rehabilitation and/or wound care needs
The Charge Nurse RN duties include:
* Coordinating with any agencies providing contract nursing
services with the Director.
* Acts as the liaison between the clinical nursing staff and
* Provides clinical support to the nursing staff by acting as a
mentor and a roll model.
* Collaborates with hospital leaders, physicians and other team
members to provide optimum services to the patients.
* Plays a major roll in employee and patient education to enhance
knowledge, skills and necessary behaviors to achieve quality
* Adopts an approach to hospital-wide performance improvement that
ensures important processes and activities are measured, assessed,
* Plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates all intradepartmental
and interdepartmental activities.
* Is the designated on-site hospital administrator for after normal
* Responsible for the assessment of all requests for administrative
on-call contacts during his/her shift.
* Responsible for all activities within the hospital in absence of
the Administrator or department managers.
* Responsible for providing a safe and effective environment for
customer satisfaction, including physicians, employees, patients
* Ability to project a professional image.
* Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of
practice in job situations.
* Sound knowledge of nursing practice.
* Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance
* Strong organizational and analytical skills. Exceptional
* Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications
used in job functions (Word processing, graphics, databases,
* Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing,
neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related
setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
* Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
* Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in
Education and/or Experience:
* Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
* Five (5) years progressive acute care or long term acute care
nursing experience in critical care, emergency room or
* Requires a minimum of three (3) years supervision or charge nurse
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of
* Must maintain current CPR certification and ACLS certification
* ACLS certification obtained within one year of employment or as
available courses allow.
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Brownsville , Charge Nurse RN Days - Med Surg, Healthcare , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!