Manager (RN)Emergency Room
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Valley Regional Medical Center Brownsville, TX An HCA Affiliated
Hospital Manager (RN) Emergency Room Founded as Valley Community
Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves
Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is
committed to providing the best health care for the residents in
the Rio Grande Valley. Valley Regional Medical Center is a
214-Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing
over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in
a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and
- 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
- Open Heart Surgery
- Womens Services
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Wound Care Center Valley Regional Medical Center is currently
looking for a Manager (RN) Emergency Room. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as Nurse Manager on all shifts when delegated as
- Models a culture of outstanding customer service for employees,
patients, families, and physicians. Displays positive customer
- Responsible and accountable for nursing care rendered to
patients and families within the Emergency Department based upon
the nursing process - assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating patient care is in compliance with hospital policies and
- Responsible for coordinating and integrating interdepartmental
and intradepartmental services.
- Communicates with CNO, administrator on site (AOS), Nurse
Director, Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Managers regarding
patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences
- Recommends and assists in the selection of a sufficient number
of qualified and competent personnel to provide care and
- Maintains the Performance Improvement activities of the
department as appropriate.
- Responsible for orienting, in-service training, and continuing
education for all staff within the Emergency Department.
- Determines and ensures the competence of all staff members is
assessed, maintained, demonstrated, and improved on an ongoing
- Maintains and coordinated evaluations of staff in timely
- Maintains good departmental relationships and effectively
communicates with patients, families, physicians and c-workers with
appropriate referrals to the department director as
- Maintains accurate time and attendance through the payroll
- Maintains accuracy of EMTALA Log and ED Dashboard
- Coordinates and ensures daily staffing ratios appropriate for
the provision of care with the departmental standard.
- Supports the provision of patient care through supply
management and Point of Use Compliance.
- Maintains and improves own professional knowledge.
- Must meet the position requirements for the Assistant Nurse
Manger in the Emergency Department.
- Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement
program in adult ED and the Pedi ED all related nursing audits for
QA program, including eMar reports. Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Minimum of three years clinical experience in ER or critical
- Leadership and management experience preferred
- BLS, ACLS, PALS or ENPC through the American Heart Association
- Computer skills preferred. We offer a generous compensation
package including: Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources
and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit
options and programs
Come make a difference - Apply Online Now!
Keywords: HCA., Brownsville , Manager (RN)Emergency Room, Healthcare , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!