Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
Company: Valley Regional Medical Center
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.--We value your
contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our
teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a--Certified
Surgical Technologist--to join our family. Come be a part of the
change!----We offer you an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Valley Regional Medical Center --- Brownsville, TX--
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)--Founded as Valley Community
Hospital in 1975,--Valley Regional Medical Center--proudly serves
Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is
committed to providing the best health care for the residents in
the Rio Grande Valley.--Valley Regional Medical Center--is a 214
Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25
specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast
array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and
What you will do in this role:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may
include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications Education:
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or
equivalent training. What qualification you will need:
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long
periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 poundsHCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune---s
list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA
ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named
HCA as one of the World---s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to
join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We---d love to hear
from you.--If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage
you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are
highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters.--We are
actively interviewing so apply today!--We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Valley Regional Medical Center, Brownsville , Certified Surgical Technologist (CST), Healthcare , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!