Regional Lead Trainer
Company: Southwest Key Programs
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job Summary::The Trainer must be a professional leader in
organizing the training department in partnership with Regional
Executive Director and Director of Training or designee. The
Regional Lead Trainer is responsible for the supervision,
monitoring, mentoring and coaching of Lead Trainers and Trainers in
the region. The Regional Lead Trainer is to promote a positive
climate of learning and excellence where Lead Trainers and Trainers
have the opportunity to enhance their professional growth. #SWHQ
- Ensure that monthly monitoring meetings are conducted and
maintain appropriate documentation of programs under the Program
Director and Regional Executive Director direct supervision.
- Complete the annual monitoring's and audits with final approval
from Regional Executive Director and Director of Training.
- Responsible for addressing employee performance issues in a
timely manner and maintaining documentation of conversations. In
coordination with, and approval of Regional Executive
- Assist with facilitating the established training guidelines
and curriculum for Lead Trainers and Trainers.
- Coordinate the ordering, purchasing training materials as need
for the region.
- Ensure employees in the region are following SWK, state and
federal training requirements.
- Must utilize additional research methods and remain up-to-date
with current trends to enhance professional skills in preparation
- Promote positive community relationships in coordination with
the Program Directors.
- Manage, track and report using LMS (Learning Management System
Relias) for regional reports.
- Customer service experiences interacting directly with a
variety of stakeholders with emphasis on direct service program
- Design materials, exercises and instructors' guides related to
various topics specific to the training needs of the organization
advised by Director of Training on SWK Training Plan, curriculum
development and technology for instructional design.
- Use effective instructional strategies (to include but not
limited to: adult learning practices, learning styles) to meet the
needs of the SWK staff.
- Develop, research and design trainings using SWK Training
Curricula (as approved by the Director of Training).
- Create a safe and inclusive learning environment of respect and
rapport to ensure a positive learning experience for program
- Develop mentorship and coaching relationships (as approved by
the Program Director) with employees requiring additional training
and coaching on the job.
- Develop direct collaborative and professional development with
the Director of Training and Training Coordinator.Other Functions::
- Attend all organizational required trainings.
- Create, identify and attend workshops that will enhance
professional skills in the area of education, direct supervision
and other topics deemed appropriate by program director or
- Attend and become a certified instructor for First Aid/CPR, CPI
non-violent crisis intervention, the Residential Child and Youth
Care Professional Curriculum and other certifications as deemed
appropriate by the
- Program Director or designee.
- Attend all departmental and program meetings to ensure that
up-to-date information is received and/or information of policy
changes or practice are adhered to.
- Assist with the submission of monthly SWK reports, funder's
quarterly reports, and end of year reports as necessary.
- Provide and facilitate information as needed for SWK and/or
funders monitoring activities.
- Must assist in the evacuation of youth as needed due to
inclement weather conditions, natural disasters, or other
- Approved 5-9-11
- Travel as needed for trainings, conferences or to transport
youth to destinations within the U.S.
- Must maintain any professional or para-professional
certifications acquired while employed with SWK annually.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.Qualifications and Requirements::
- Bachelor's degree with 3 year of experience in the related
- Two year of supervisory experience.
- Excellent Public Speaking skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of various technologies along with
the ability to learn new software quickly
- Experience in using technology to enhance learning by creating
educational and instructor materials including background material,
instructional materials, and training aids
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft
Windows (PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel).
- Understanding in curriculum development process and
- Familiarity with the latest technology for instructional design
- Excellent communicator who understands the needs of various
- Understanding of contemporary practices and theories relating
to knowledge acquisition.
- Familiar with andragogy and best practices for adult
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver's License and eligible to
drive to facilitate program services as per contractual
- Cleared Tuberculosis test results.
- Cleared background check from appropriate entity.
- Cleared drug test results (this one is for Texas programs
only).Physical Demands::Must be able to obtain Crisis Prevention
Institute (CPI) certification and First Aid Certification (CPR).
Must be able to supervise clients indoors and outdoors by standing
for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping and lifting up to
15 lbs required to complete daily tasks.Work Environment::This is a
twenty four hour residential facility at which minors receive
multiple services. Three shifts per twenty four hour period. Work
shifts are subject to change. Noise level varies from mild to
moderate. Trainer must maintain a flexible work schedule to meet
the training needs of program staff working all three shifts.
Keywords: Southwest Key Programs, Brownsville , Regional Lead Trainer, Human Resources , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!