Director of Surgical Services- FT- Days
Company: Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes
safety and well-being of all patients in the assigned department(s)
on a twenty-four hour basis. Plans, directs, coordinates and
evaluates the overall clinical nursing practice and administrative
activities, including fiscal, material and human resource
management. Participates in the development and implementation of
hospital policies and procedures, as well as making suggestions for
revision of same. Maintains open communication with all nursing
staff to promote improvement in performance. Maintains open
communication with fellow Directors, Chief Clinical Operations
Officer and Chief Nurse Officer. Assumes responsibility of
administrative supervisor as needed. This position requires a sound
knowledge of nursing practice and exceptional leadership
- High School/GED required
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Professional
Nurse (RN) required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing (BSN) or Bachelor's
degree in health care/business related field preferred.
- The successful candidate with be required to pass competencies
for this position.
- Current BLS/ACLS/PALS certification is required within 6 months
- AORN certification preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience as first-line manager
coupled with three (3) years clinical operating room nursing
experience preferred. Requires knowledge of Texas and Federal
regulatory agency standards related to health care
- Broad understanding of patient care processes.
- Able to apply principles of managerial and leadership
- Cognitive and technical knowledge and the ability to
progressively manage care delivery across the continuum of
- The ability to retrieve, communicate and present data and
information both verbally and in writing required; as is the
ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken and
- Involves discretion and independent action within prescribed
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively
communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values
in developing services, standards and practices.
- Integrates the department(s) and its services into the
organization's primary mission.
- Leads initiatives resulting in enhanced physician, patient and
employee satisfaction and improved quality.
- Creates an environment that facilitates innovative patient care
delivery with a focus on infection prevention and patient
- Ensures that adequate, appropriately competent and qualified
staff is available to meet patient care needs.
- Actively works to develop and maintain good working
relationships with medical staff, other leadership within the
organization and staff.
- Responsible for oversight and validation of the surgery support
services budget, maintaining financial accountability and working
with Senior Leadership to address areas of concern within
financially and clinically driven performance reports.
- Coordinates and integrates services within the department(s)
and with other Departments.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and
support the provision of services.
- Recommends a sufficient number of qualified and competent
persons to provide care.
- Determines the qualifications and competence of department
personnel who provide care services and who are not licensed
independent practitioners. Continuously assesses and improves the
department's performance. Maintains appropriate quality control
- Provides for orientation, in-service education training, and
continuing education of all persons in the department(s).
- Recommends space and other resources needed by the
- Participates in selecting outside sources for needed
- Must be flexible with work scheduling.
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
- (Director of Surgical Services)2. (Chief Clinical Officer of
Surgical & Procedural Services)3. (Chief Nursing Officer)
Keywords: Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance, Brownsville , Director of Surgical Services- FT- Days, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!