LA-ALCC-02.21 Assistant Lead Clinician - Loma Alta
Company: Caliburn International
Location: Los Fresnos
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging
our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have
career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a
unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today!
To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below
to find your next career!
The Assistant Clinician's primary responsibility is to assist
the Lead Clinician in the management of the Clinical Department to
ensure mental health services are delivered in accordance with ORR
policies and procedures, Cooperative Agreement, licensing minimum
standards, and all other applicable state and federal law, rules,
and guidelines. The Assistant Clinician works at a childcare
facility under the supervision of the Lead-Clinician and Program
Director and consults with the Director of Clinical Services as
needed. This is a full-time, exempt position subject to work after
5:00pm, weekends, holidays and be on call.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all contract policies and procedures are adhered
- Conducts and documents mental health assessments for all
children in care as well as provide ongoing individual and group
counseling in accordance with contract policies and procedures
- Screens for human trafficking concerns
- Provides crisis Intervention
- Ensures quality care for all children and timely response to
their needs, including crisis intervention
- Provides weekly counseling to assigned caseload
- Provides group therapy/community group meetings
- Coordinates caseload with assigned case managers and lead case
- Provides reports needed to supervisor
- Attends internal and external meetings
- Maintains the UAC case file and database in accordance with
contract policies and procedures
- Reports significant incidents in accordance with contract
policies and procedures
- Follows up on all Significant Incident Reports (SIRs)
- Other duties as assigned by department head
- Conducts and documents mental health assessments via tele-psych
software for all children assigned to caseload as well as provide
ongoing individual counseling in accordance with contract policies
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (Speaking, Writing and
- Clean Background Check
- Clean child abuse and neglect or child protective services
- Master's degree in social services or other relevant behavioral
sciences in which clinical training and experience is required (ORR
- Licensure in LMSW, LCSW, LPC, LMFT, or equivalent plus 5 years
of postgraduate direct service delivery experience is
- Meet the requirements of the contract for all immunizations
(Emergency Task Order or Cooperative Agreement)
- Employee must be current on clinical practices, issues, trends,
and be able to coordinate problem-solving strategies in order to
meet the clinical needs of children in care.
- Any educational or experiential qualifications to be considered
as equivalent, in lieu of the above, require prior approval of the
President/CEO or the Chief Executive Director.
- Must have the ability to work after 5:00 p.m., weekends, and
holidays, on-call and travel as required by the position.
- Must have the ability to provide visual and auditory
supervision as needed to maintain the health and safety of children
in care as required by the position.
- Must have the ability to provide behavior intervention
techniques to include physical restraint as required by the
- Must be driver insurable, able to drive company vehicle, or
provide transportation if required by the position.
- Must have the ability to accompany Agency as needed during an
evacuation because of hurricane, severe weather, fire, natural
disaster, terrorist activity, disease outbreak, or any other reason
that necessitates an evacuation to some other location.
- Must have knowledge of and ability to interpret ORR Policies
and Procedures, DFPS Minimum Standards, and all other pertinent
rules and regulations.
- Must have knowledge of administrative practices, principles,
- Must be proficient in skills associated with the position to
perform the job successfully (i.e., communication,
reading/language/writing in English/Spanish, mathematical,
computer, and reasoning ability).
- Must have ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, and
take appropriate action to resolve problems using independent
judgment and decision making processes.
- Must have the ability to work independently and
- Must have the ability to develop tools, monitor, and formulate
reports for the continuous improvement of program services.
- In absence of a more specific rule requirement, demonstrate
competency, prudent judgment, and self-control in the presence of
children and when performing assigned responsibilities.
- Able to evacuate at short notice to accompany residents
possibly to a different city for several days at a time.
- Two years of experience in ORR programs is preferred.
- Clinical supervisory experience is preferred.
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training and
- Ensures safety and security of all UAC and the operating
conditions within area of responsibility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Evacuates site with short notice in case of an emergency
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Visual acuity required to complete paperwork, computer work and
direct line of sight supervision of staff
- Able to communicate verbally and listen for constant
surveillance of staff activities
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with
weather (rain, lightning, extreme heat and winds)
- Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas,
sports fields, etc.
- Ability to stand; particularly for sustained periods of
Caliburn International is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin,
age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Caliburn International, Brownsville , LA-ALCC-02.21 Assistant Lead Clinician - Loma Alta, Other , Los Fresnos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!