Launch Engineer, Fluid Systems (Launch Pads)
Company: Space Exploration Technologies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
LAUNCH ENGINEER, FLUID SYSTEMS (LAUNCH PADS)
- Help SpaceX achieve its long-term goal of creating the world's
first fully automated launch system.
- Assist in the analytical design and development of propellant
and pressurant systems required to launch the vehicle. The systems
include liquid oxygen, liquid methane, gaseous helium, gaseous
nitrogen, hydraulics, water, and environmental control
- Perform pre and post launch operations on the vehicle and
- Use fluid dynamic, thermodynamic, and heat transfer scientific
knowledge as required to design tubing and piping systems ranging
in size from " to 18" diameter.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- 2+ years of project and/or professional experience with fluid
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working at a rocket launch facility and supporting
- Advanced degree in mechanical engineering.
- Strong working knowledge of fluid mechanics and
- Demonstrated expertise designing and operating hydraulic
- Demonstrated expertise designing and operating propellant and
- Experience designing and operating cryogenic systems.
- Experience designing and operating HVAC systems.
- Experience modeling fluid system prior to construction to
increase system reliability.
- Experience using and troubleshooting ground control systems
required for remote operations and instrumentation feedback.
- Ability to work well in an integrated collaborative team
environment including daily interactions with technicians,
engineers, and managers.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure,
fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Must be willing to travel to our launch sites in support of
build out activities and launches; travel requirement is up to
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX
is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications
and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: Space Exploration Technologies, Brownsville , Launch Engineer, Fluid Systems (Launch Pads), Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!