Administrative Assistant - FT - Days - Sterile Supply
Company: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position at DHR Health
Provides secretarial and administrative support services to the
sterile supply department, including, but not limited to,
typing/word processing, proofreading, preparing reports, processing
correspondence, scheduling meetings, recording at meetings,
receiving visitor, maintaining files and conducting special
projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- One-two (1-2) years of related experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of
nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- Secretarial experience is preferred
- High degree of competency/experience in general.
- Requires good communication and organizational skills.
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment.
- Requires working with frequent interruptions.
- Must project a professional image.
- Must possess working knowledge of personal computers and
software applications used in job.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively
communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values
in developing services, standards and practices
- Performs typing for the administration of the department
(memos, correspondence, minutes)
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation and
- Prepares a variety of administrative reports, statements and
- Gathers data and other necessary information.
- Establishes, maintains and revises record keeping and filing
systems, ensuring confidentiality of information.
- Consistently is attentive to detail, record keeping and
required paperwork inherent to the position.
- Distributes mail in a timely manner.
- Arranges meetings and conferences, schedules appointment and
- Performs other duties related to maintaining administration
- Accepts and screens telephone calls and routes calls
appropriately; promptly and graciously responds to calls and
visitors and determines the urgency of the situation; suggests
appropriate referrals or informs administration when the situation
warrants immediate attention.
- Tactfully handles difficult situations; contacts are handled
professionally and consistently with courtesy.
- Establishes good rapport and cooperative working relationships
with hospital personnel.
- Performs well under pressure.
Keywords: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Brownsville , Administrative Assistant - FT - Days - Sterile Supply, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!