CNL-TA-05.21 Teaching Assistant - Casa Norma Linda
Company: Caliburn International
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging
our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have
career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a
unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today!
To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below
to find your next career!
The Teaching Assistant's primary responsibility is to teach
non-core subjects (Home Economics, Career and Technology, Oral
Language Development, Enrichment, and New Student Orientation) in
accordance with ORR policies and procedures, Cooperative Agreement,
licensing minimum standards, and all other applicable state and
federal law, rules, and guidelines. The Teaching Assistant will be
required to work at a childcare facility under the supervision of
the Lead Teacher.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches non-core subjects (Home Economics, Career and
Technology, Oral Language Development, Enrichment, and New Student
Orientation) in accordance with ORR policies and procedures,
Cooperative Agreement, licensing minimum standards, and all other
applicable state and federal law, rules, and guidelines. Follow the
developed Student Learning Plan for each student.
- Implements lesson plans and adhere to the curriculum using
appropriate instructional materials, best practices and
instructional methods for ELL, ESL, and Bilingual instruction, i.e.
instruction in native language, conversational English when
appropriate, cooperative learning, etc.
- Follows individual Student Learning Plans.
- Assess the academic progress of each UAC.
- Maintains classroom management and systems and procedures.
- Provides regular feedback to Lead Teacher regarding student
- Maintains a school like setting where children feel welcomed
(i.e. student work and materials are displayed).
- Requests all materials in a timely manner.
- Maintains the Lead Teacher informed of progress and needs.
- Complies with, but not limited to, all required logging,
documentation and reporting as required by DFPS Minimum Standards,
ORR policy, and procedures.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of and comply with all rules,
laws, procedures, and policies relevant to duties.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Works closely with program education staff to devise an
instructional program strategy to meet the instructional needs of
each assigned homebound student.
- Implements physical education activities according to
- Assists UAC in the correct and safe use of facilities and
- Teaches basic techniques and skills associated with sports and
- Instructs children in safety practices associated with
different environments such as: swimming pools, gymnasiums, and
- Designs course activities that will cultivate higher-level
thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Develop lesson plans that will allow UAC to participate in a
variety of activities including special projects, art and crafts,
library services, chess, fine arts, tutorials and hand-on
- Provides English language training, as required by ORR, through
the use of interactive, hands-on activities.
- Emphasizes authentic literature, phonics, and the development
of literacy skills.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Fluent in English and Spanish (speak, read, and write)
- Clean criminal background check
- Clean child abuse and neglect or child protective services
- Excellent presentation skills as well as oral and written
- Proficiency with computer, common office equipment, and MS
- Able to be driver insurable, able to drive a company vehicle,
or provide transportation if required by the position.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret ORR Policies and
Procedures, DFPS Minimum Standards, and all other pertinent rules
- Knowledge of administrative practices, principles, and
- Be proficient in skills associated with the position to perform
the job successfully (i.e., communication, reading/language/writing
in English/Spanish, mathematical, computer, and reasoning
- Able to analyze problems, identify solutions, and take
appropriate action to resolve problems using independent judgment
and decision-making processes.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Able to develop tools, monitor, and formulate reports for the
continuous improvement of program services.
- Associate's Degree in a related field
- 2 years' experience working in an educational setting with
bilingual, ESL, ELLs students.
- May participate in interdepartmental project groups or task
forces to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain
approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of
knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts,
contract awards, and new policy requirements.
- Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety
policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and
goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of
responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies
"close calls" and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel.
Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to
ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other
- May serve on the OSHA VPP, Safety, and Wellness
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of
- May require bending, stooping and lifting up to 15 lbs.
Caliburn International is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin,
age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Caliburn International, Brownsville , CNL-TA-05.21 Teaching Assistant - Casa Norma Linda, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!