Floor Tech - FT- Nights
Company: DHR Health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Cleans and maintains all carpeted and hard surfaces in the
facility. Floor Technician performs preventive maintenance on floor
equipment at Doctors Hospital at Renaissance owned facilities.
Floor Technician participates in the department's continuous
quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- High school graduate or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- One to Six (1-6) months related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of
nursing, administration, and physicians
- Valid Texas driver's license required
- Meets dress code standards; adheres to dress code of a specific
- Completes annual educational requirements
- Maintains regulatory requirements
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within
- Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized punch
time system correctly.
- Completes in-services and returns in timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and departmental in-services, as
- Ensures patient confidentiality
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous
quality improvement (CQI) activities
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility as
well as the focus statement of the departmentPOSITION
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively
communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values
in developing services, standards and practices.
- Performs assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to
reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services
- Performs cleaning and maintenance of all floors; carpets, tile,
concrete and brick flooring.
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals, supplies and cleaning
techniques according to procedure and manufacturers
- Performs restoration functions on highly soiled or worn
- Operates and maintains all equipment correctly and safely.
- Observes safety precautions all times. Uses safety signs, WET
FLOOR and ropes off sections of floor for cleaning where
- Follows all infection control practices including hand hygiene
techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
- Replenishes supplies; notifies the supervisor when supplies
need to be ordered
- Always introduces self to patients, families and visitors
- Assists visitors with directions whenever requested
- Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties
- Ability to do work on his/her own with normal supervision
- Maintains and ensures age-specific precautions.
- Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: DHR Health, Brownsville , Floor Tech - FT- Nights, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!