Company: Port of Brownsville
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Summary This is manual labor in the performance of unskilled
and semi-skilled tasks that may be of a physically demanding
nature. Work involves responsibility for performing manual labor,
which may be of a heavy nature. As work experience is gained,
employees of this class may be assigned to somewhat more difficult
and responsible tasks. Work assignments frequently are detailed,
and the work is subject to review while in progress and upon
completion. Job Responsibilities
- Perform routine grounds and road right-of-way cleaning and
- Mows grass with power, push-type or small tractor mower
- Cuts and hoes weeds
- Trims and prunes shrubbery and small trees
- Rakes leaves
- Edges curbs
- Sprays ditches for weeds
- Cleans and maintains garden equipment
- Loads trash and trimmings on trucks
- Cleans floors
- Participates in minor maintenance and cleaning of buildings and
grounds. Limited equipment use.
- Other duties as assigned after proper instruction.
Minimum Qualifications This is an entry-level position, no
previous experience is required.
- Ability to perform repair or construction work.
- Ability to use the tools used in maintenance and
- Some knowledge of the precautions necessary to work safely with
and around mechanized equipment.
- Ability to perform manual tasks involving physical strength and
endurance under variable weather.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other
employees and the general public.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Previous related experience
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication
Work Conditions & Physical Demands The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions such as heat,
cold, dust, and vehicle exhaust.
- Medium physical effort including long periods of standing, up
to 8 continuous hours and occasional lifting of objects up to 50
- Withstand prolonged periods of standing, walking, and/or
- Frequent contact with the public.
Additional Requirements (Some requirements in accordance with
House Bill 1851)
- Valid Texas Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, a valid Transportation
Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment drug screening
and background investigation to be hired for this position.
The above duties may not be performed in every position with
this title and the above functions may not include all related
duties that might be performed.
The Port of Brownsville is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action organization. The Port of Brownsville prohibits
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed,
gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, or any other legally protected status
Keywords: Port of Brownsville, Brownsville , General Labor, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!