Patient Access Manager - FT - Days
Company: Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under direction of Director, Manager will coordinate and manage
the daily activities of the Insurance Verification processes and
the Pre Registration processes; ensures the timely completion of
insurance verification and collections to prevent patient delay and
denials. This position requires being familiar with Medicare,
Medicaid, commercial, workers compensation, and liability third
party payers authorization and verification processes.
Understanding of up front collection process to ensure all
guidelines are adhered to.
- High school diploma/GED is required
- Understand insurance benefits and medical terminology
- Previous supervisory experience (3 yrs) in Patient Accounting ,
Business Office preferred
- Ten years (10 yrs.) healthcare experience required,
- Hospital experience, preferred
- Healthcare certification, preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Microsoft office suite computer skills required, Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills, required
- Ability to read, write and speak English required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Communicates clearly and concisely and is able to work
effectively with other employees, patients and external
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, be
able to type at least 35 WPM, and good working knowledge of Excel
- Medical Terminology, ICD-9 Codes, CPT Codes, HCPCS code,
Modifier knowledge preferred.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and
reconcile figures, punctuate properly and spell correctly.
- Requires reasoning ability, good independent judgment and
- Requires working with frequent interruptions.
- Must project a professional image.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively
communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values
in developing services, standards and practices
- Demonstrates high quality Service Excellence, positive customer
service and telephone etiquette by treating all customers with
dignity and respect; utilizing age specific skills and
- Ensures patient confidentiality requirements are met in
accordance with HIPAA policies and procedures
- Manages and coordinates the daily activity of the Insurance
verifiers and Pre Registration staff either directly or through
subordinate supervisors and/or lead personnel.
- Monitors and ensures that productivity reports are completed at
95% or greater at the end of the week
- Performs and maintains QA on for all areas. Includes trending
and analysis of the data, as well as the development and
implementation of action plan for education.
- Review Aeos dashboard and reports on volume of accounts pending
tasks or departmental review for employee accountability and
- Review the Inpatient -Outpatient Procedure report and
coordinates with Case Management for assistance
- Monitors and reports on the unbilled report weekly
- Monitors and reports on the Inpatient High dollar report
- Monitors and reports during the denials committee findings and
actions of denials by department
- Meets with Director regularly to effectively communicate and
resolve issues, set and prioritize goals and improve
- Works closely with peers to ensure all procedures regarding
patient's accounts are completed in a thorough and timely
- Develops and recommends long and short range goals and specific
actions to maximize results in the department.
- Cooperates and assists staff to foster productive
- Hires, trains, evaluates and participates in disciplinary
actions and grievance responses to staff
- Manages all employees with equal standards, efficiently and
- Responsible for payroll activities for staff. (Timecards, PTO
- Responsible for the orientation of new employees.
- Coaches and counsels staff as necessary provides written
documentation of coaching and/or counseling sessions as
- Recommends termination of employees as necessary. Maintains
appropriate documentation to support such recommendations.
- Performs employee's performance evaluations in a timely
- Ensures all personnel policies are followed.
- Recommends changes in department policies and procedures to the
- Leads in a way that motivates employees.
- Provides employees with guidance and supervision, but gives
them sufficient opportunity to carry out their assignments and make
- Creates an atmosphere conducive to employee development by
personal example and by encouraging and praising initiative,
imagination and resourcefulness.
- Accurately performs basic mathematical calculations, balance
and reconcile figures, punctuate properly and spell correctly.
- Document clearly and concisely all patient benefit information
on accounts through the patient accounting system (Pre-cert screen,
account notes section of Paragon and ORM schedule).
- Demonstrates proficiency of personal computers and Microsoft
Office applications and other software as required.
- Has appropriate follow up and contact with physician office if
- Other duties as assigned.
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
Supervisor, Manager, Director.
Keywords: Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance, Brownsville , Patient Access Manager - FT - Days, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!