Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: South Padre Island
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Room Reservationist is responsible for handling
reservations in a friendly and efficient manner and quoting
available rates to maximize room revenue and average rate according
to Aimbridge Hospitality standards. He/she is also responsible for
participating in the monthly Rooms Merchandising meeting.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying
the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly
service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly in a friendly efficient and
- Be able to answer guest inquiries about hotel services
facilities and hours of operation.
- Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room
revenue and average rate using standard company rate quoting
scenario at all times.
- Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department
concerning group bookings.
- Continually update Central Reservations on rates and
availability maintain availability calendar and communicate all
relevant information to the operations staff.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Handle all special reservations to include V.I.P. reservations
packages and discounts.
- Compile and input all necessary information for the required
Rooms Merchandising meetings.
- Promptly efficiently and accurately book and block rooms using
Aimbridge Hospitality guidelines for Group Rooming Lists and
- Attend Rooms Merchandising meetings and give input on trends
and opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Employees must at all times be friendly helpful and courteous
to guests managers and all their fellow employees.
- Complete forecasts as required by management.
- Monitor daily sales activity and alert Reservations Manager
and/or Guest Services Manager of sold out nights group ceiling
status and possible problem situations.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Be able to perform all duties of Reservations Agent
and assist as needed at front desk.
Nestled on the island's southern tip, the
Pearl South Padre Island Resort is a premier oceanfront resort for
families and couples who want to experience tranquil views and soft
sand beaches in South Texas. Warm rays of sunshine and tropical
breezes await our guest arrival. From the moment visitors drive
down the palm tree lined brick road and discover our lush
landscaping and pristine beaches, they'll know why the Pearl South
Padre is South Texas' "Best on the Beach" resort destination.
After spending a fun-filled day at the
beach enjoying the clear blue waters of the Texas coastline, guests
can retreat to the Pearl South Padre and enjoy everything this
full-service resort has to offer. They can make a splash at the
largest hotel swimming pool in South Texas. Grab a tropical drink
at our swim-up bar or relax on our oceanfront sundeck. Enjoy a
little "me time", and let our massage therapists ease away their
tensions at our resort spa. Dine alfresco from an ever-changing
menu of fresh seafood brought in daily from the Gulf. Then retreat
to a ocean-view room and enjoy the gentle sounds of waves coming
ashore just outside the window.
As the global leader in third-party hotel
management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in
49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands
to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our
associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests
and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where
everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility
with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period,
those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive
benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Brownsville , Room Reservationist, Other , South Padre Island, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!