Company: U.S. Renal Care
Location: San Benito
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Licensed Master Social Worker provides social services to
patients and their families in a timely and efficient manner in
order to promote maximum social functioning and psychological
adjustment to dialysis and rehabilitation of the patient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Assist with clinical and operational processes to improve
patient health and minimize hospitalizations and missed
- Coordinate transient arrangements.
- Demonstrate effective use of supplies.
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or
operational needs of the clinic.
- Identify and counsel psychosocial issues.
- Provide patient and family education.
- Assist with programs target goals for patient outcomes in
accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
- Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and
regulations, including health care professionals practice act
- Perform duties at all times within limitations established by
and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable
state and federal laws and regulations.
- Act as advocate on patients behalf with the appropriate local,
state, and federal agencies.
- Complete initial assessment of new patient psychosocial needs
in adherence to state/CMS regulations and company policy.
- Complete KDQOL in accordance with company policy.
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary team in all
required patient assessment and care planning activities.
- Identify social agencies and other resources as appropriate to
the needs of the patients, including but not limited to
- Be familiar with professional organizations related to kidney
disease (i.e. National Kidney Foundation, American Kidney
- Use personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Be familiar with all emergency operational procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required for the job.
- Provide information and referrals as needed.
- Attend and participate in the monthly Quality Assessment and
Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of patient/family
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with Medical
Director and physicians.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with area
hospitals, agencies, vendors and the community.
- Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop
effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT/ RETENTION
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service
and continuing education offerings in compliance with company
policy and procedure.
- Educate staff and provide inservice training in relation to
patient psychosocial care.
- Lead staff in team concepts and promote a team effort.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have Masters Degree in Social Work accredited by the
Council of Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Current licensure in applicable state is required unless
employed in the state of AZ, PA or Guam. License must be maintained
as current and in good standing. (See addendum for Social Worker
for minimum licensing requirements.)
- Previous experience in providing social services to dialysis
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and
ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook); proficiency in all USRC clinical
applications required within 90 days of hire.
- Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: U.S. Renal Care, Brownsville , Social Worker, Other , San Benito, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!