Vehicle Systems Software Engineer (Starship)
Company: Space Exploration Technologies
Posted on: June 7, 2021
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
VEHICLE SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARSHIP)
This role is for a software engineer in the starship engineering
organization focused on developing integrated operations and
automation for suborbital and orbital launch missions of Starship
and Super Heavy Booster product lines. Responsibilities include the
over-arching conceptual operation as well as its implementation in
automation that satisfies requirements and constraints of
integrated vehicle and pad systems. Example projects include
developing operations and associated automation to support Super
Heavy launch/catch tower, vehicle commodity load, vehicle-pad
interface systems, rapid launch recycle capability.
- Develop countdown sequence for vehicle launch operations with
inputs from vehicle and pad systems responsible engineers.
- Provide operational impacts feedback on vehicle and pad
hardware designs as they are developed.
- Present automation at design and code review, take feedback
from the team at large and incorporate into the overall plan.
- Provide storyboards and CONOPs overviews and design reviews to
ensure clear communication on how an operation is intended to work
as well as provide a forum for feedback from team members.
- Continuous improvement on ground automation to provide maximum
flexibility for ground operations in a safe way, always looking for
ways to improve operationally efficiency and flexibility.
- Provide code review for launch ground support equipment
automation (on things like propellant farm, gasifier, HEX,
- Provide code review for vehicle automation team.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, physics, math,
or science field.
- Experience programming in Python or C++.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science.
- 2+ years experience writing code to control fluid or mechanical
- Experience writing and maintaining vehicle control
- High proficiency with basic computer applications (word
processing, spreadsheets, presentations, email).
- On console operational experience.
- Familiarity with software ticketing and version control tools
(Jira and GIT).
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX
is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications
and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: Space Exploration Technologies, Brownsville , Vehicle Systems Software Engineer (Starship), Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!