RN Assistant Director of Nursing (18957)
Company: Regency Integrated Health Services
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) will assist in ensuring
the provision of quality care that promotes the highest practicable
physical, mental and psychological well-being of each resident as
determined by resident assessments and individual plans of
- Handle and/or assist the Director of Nurses in planning,
developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the
day-to-day functions of the nursing department in accordance with
current rules, regulations and facility policies that govern the
Quality of Care:
- Handle and/or assist in developing and regularly evaluating
methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident
services to ensure the continuity of the residents' total regimen
of care in accordance with nursing home regulations and applicable
nursing facility standards and practices.
- Communicate with attending physician and medical director
regarding resident care issues as needed.
- Communicate with families regarding resident care issues when
- Handle and/or assist the DON in determining the staffing needs
of the nursing service department.
- Handle and/or assist the DON in the recruitment, hiring and
training of nursing service personnel.
- Verify that a sufficient number of nursing staff members are
available for each shift to ensure that nursing care is provided to
meet the daily nursing care needs of each resident.
- Develop work assignments and schedules. Participate in
supervising staff to ensure assigned tasks are completed and
- Assist in the facility daily start up process.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation
of the facility's quality assurance program for the nursing service
- Serve on the Quality Assurance Committee as assigned.
- Assist in the review of resident clinical records as
- Assist in the review of consultant reports and implementation
of any plans of corrections as needed.
- May be periodically required to assist with MDS assessments and
care plans if and as needed.
- Assist in the review of and implement appropriate compliance
action regarding pertinent regulatory reports.
- Participate in the facility's nursing on-call schedule.
- Perform any other duties deemed reasonable and necessary by the
Director of Nurses.
- Must have completed an RN or LVN program at an accredited
vocational schools, college, or university
- Must possess a current Texas RN or LVN Licensure.
- Must have experience working in a skilled nursing facility for
at least 3 years
- Preferred to possess a current RUG certification
The physical demands described here are representative but not
necessary all inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to effectively communicate. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Action Rarely Occasionally Frequently Lifting - 1-25 lbs X
Lifting - 25-50 lbs X Lifting - 50+ lbs X Carrying - 1-25 lbs X
Carrying - 25-50 lbs X Carrying - 50+ lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 1-25
lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 25-50 lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 50+ lbs X
Sliding/Transferring - 1-25 lbs X Sliding/Transferring - 25-50 lbs
X Sliding/Transferring - 50+ lbs X Standing X Sitting X Walking X
Speaking X Driving X Balancing/Climbing X Stooping/Kneeling X
Crouching/Crawling X Reaching X Hearing/Listening X Seeing X
Keywords: Regency Integrated Health Services, Brownsville , RN Assistant Director of Nursing (18957), Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!