SELECTION COMMUNICATION VIA EMAIL
If selected for an interview you will receive an invitation to
the email provided on your application. It is your responsibility
to update us if email changes.
THE OPPORTUNITY: The City of Brownsville is in a transformative
period driven by significant public and private investments such as
the expansion of the Brownsville-South Padre Island Airport
Terminal, Space X, the Port of Brownsville, Downtown
Revitalization, and quality of life enhancements.
Our ideal candidate for Pool Technician aspires to be a model of
innovation, inclusion and empowerment who enables bold people and
ideas to thrive. The Pool Technician will be a participatory
leader: a results-oriented, relationship-building, self-aware team
player who also possesses high integrity, politeness, and fostering
trust by building relationships with tolerance, patience and
support in order to provide the best value in service of the
citizens of Brownsville.
The Pool Technician is responsible for maintaining the upkeep of
the pools and fountains including vacuuming the pools and
fountains, cleaning the restrooms, and maintaining the chemicals in
the pools and fountains along with other pool duties. This position
works according to set procedures under direct supervision.
- Safety Acumen
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- Checks the water in the pools and fountains and maintains the
- Administers the chemical treatment to the water and monitors
its composition through testing.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure and stringent
schedules and produce accurate and satisfactory results.
- Must be capable of working with Management, internal
department, other departments and staff to maintain positive image
of the division and services.
- Must be able to read, interpret and follow work orders and
procedures, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Safely operates tools and equipment in all types of weather or
conditions. The job may include morning, evening, weekend, holiday,
split or other work schedules.
- Performs any other tests as needed to the water in the pools
- Maintains and cleans the restrooms and deck areas.
- Mows grass and trim tree branches and bushes.
- Cleans, services, and maintains equipment used for daily
- Requires comparing or inspecting items against a standard.
- Requires handling or using machines, tools or equipment that
require brief instruction or experience such as water pump machines
or other similar equipment.
- Reports hazardous and dangerous conditions in and around the
facility, any safety concerns including incidents/accidents
immediately to supervisor.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Requires high school diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Requires minimum of six months of work-related experience.
- Requires knowledge of pool chemicals.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Requires a valid Texas Driver's License.
Performs light work that involves walking or standing most of
the time and involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a
regular and recurring basis, or skill, adeptness and speed in the
use of fingers, hands or limbs on repetitive operation electronic
office machines or tools within moderate tolerances or limits of
The City of Brownsville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA
requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees
are invited to discuss accommodations.
The City of Brownsville does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender
identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age,
membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental
status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Nothing in this job description restricts organization's right
to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at
any time in order to develop our employees; This description
reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does
not prohibit or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; this job
description is subject to change at any time.