SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another
employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity
and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out
what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a
Registered Nurse to join our family. Come be a part of the
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Valley Regional Medical Center - Brownsville, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Observation Unit
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional
Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding
communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best
health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility
with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley
Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality
inpatient and outpatient programs and services.
What you will do in this role:
- The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the
scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintains a safe therapeutic environment.
- Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual
needs of the patient.
- Plans individualized patient care utilizing an
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the
goals of the hospital's mission and vision statement.
- When acting in charge nurse role, registered nurses are
responsible for day-to-day activities to ensure the delivery of
quality patient care in a therapeutic environment. Make staff
assignments based on patient need and the skill of the staff. Serve
as role models and clinical resource for the staff. Respond in a
timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with
physician, staff or patient issues.
- Communication Skills: Verbal (with patients, families, grieving
persons)[Use of SBAR when dealing with physicians and their
offices, interdepartmental communication] Written (documentation of
patient care) Telephone (Pertaining to etiquette including HIPAA
- Physical Assessment of the Adult with acute and chronic
illness, Infection Control Issue/Safety.
- Proficiency in IV starts & ability to access implanted
- Administration of Medications - knowledge of commonly utilized
medications/proficiency with IV push medications, initiation and
management of PCA infusion.
- Aseptic Technique with regard to wounds, surgical sites, and
- Management of airways - oxygen set-up (nasal cannula,
ventimask, NRB, trach collar, BIPAP, Suctioning (oral, Nasal and
tracheal), and tracheotomy care.
- Management of the patient in cardiac and respiratory
- Management of the patient with decubitus: staging, selection of
surface, and encourages mobility.
- Management of drains (NG, OG, and PEG, chest tube,
- Obtains consents (surgical, chemotherapy etc), prepares
patients for procedures (including boarding pass, etc) such as
Endoscopy, Cardiac Catheterizations, Bronchoscopy, Thoracentesis
(Especially at bedside), MRI/MRA
- Management of blood transfusions - obtains consents, blood
justifications forms and refusal for blood transfusions. Monitors
for transfusion reactions.
- Management of the Peritoneal dialysis patient.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- BSN preferred
What qualification you will need:
- Current TX RN licensure
- 2 years of experience preferred
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to
apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly
qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.