Posted on: September 10, 2021
Pronto Insurance is one of the fastest growing general
agencies in South Texas and is now a member of Gallagher, a world
wide expert in risk management solutions. Our first agency was
founded in 1997 and the managing general agency operations
commenced in 2005. Pronto has emerged in the insurance market
through its captive agencies, independent agents, and franchise
locations. Today Pronto has over 200 captive locations in Texas and
recent expansion into the California and Florida market. Our vision
is to become the industry leader by making Pronto Insurance
products a reality for all.
JOB DESCRIPTION: UNDERWRITING SPECIALIST
Employment Status: Full Time
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure that all captive & independent agencies are
correctly writing new and current policies
- Communicate critical policy documents to our customers and
- Provide world-class customer service to our customers and
- Understand, follow and enforce the Underwriting
- Fulfill incoming Agent requests managed through e-mail or
- Acknowledge potential risk alerts within policies to
- Effectively communicate with Sales & Support Staff,
Underwriting Auditor, Claims Department & Operations
- Effectively manage and communicate various reports assigned
- Provide Product & Procedure Assistance to Sales
- Learn all product knowledge
- Work with agencies currently online selling homeowner
- Effectively operate the GA system; managing policies,
processing payments, providing accurate information,
- Calls to and from the agencies, request inspection, review
inspections and photos for compliance, process for notices and
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- 1 year of Customer Service or Sales Experience
- 1 year within a Call Center environment
- Bilingual English & Spanish (required)
- Excellent communication skills both oral and
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Very strong problem-solving, data gathering and
organizational skills; be detail-oriented, flexible to handle
multiple and competing priorities
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The noise level in the work environment is usually
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
- Minimum secondary education required
- 1+ years related experience.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Understanding of general insurance and legal principles.
- General knowledge of banking and accounting principles.
- Submit an application and resume/CV online to be
- 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of
employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S.
employment opportunities, Risk Placement Services, Inc. hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. RPS will require proof of work
- Willing to execute RPS' Employee Agreement or Confidentiality
and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things,
post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation,
confidentiality and non-disclosure.
RPS offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more.
Risk Placement Services believes that all persons are entitled to
equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor
favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability,
national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship,
veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or
perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected
characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in
all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but
not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer,
demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In
addition, Risk Placement Services will make reasonable
accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an
otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
Keywords: Gallagher, Brownsville , Underwriting Specialist, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!