Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Tele Stroke
Company: Valley Regional Medical Center
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-timeDo
you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.We value your contributions.
Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the
bar. We are currently seeking a -Registered Nurse -to join our
family. Come be a part of the change! -We offer you an excellent
total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,
tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock
purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk
to you about this fantastic opportunity.Valley Regional Medical
Center - Brownsville, TX -Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical East
UnitFounded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, -Valley Regional
Medical Center -proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding
communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best
health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley. -Valley
Regional Medical Center -is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over
200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional
Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality
inpatient and outpatient programs and services. -What you will do
in this role: -
- The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the
scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act. -
- -Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- -Maintains a safe therapeutic environment.
- -Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual
needs of the patient.
- -Plans individualized patient care utilizing an
interdisciplinary approach. -
- -Participates in performance improvement activities. -
- -Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the
goals of the hospital's mission and vision statement.
- When acting in charge nurse role, registered nurses are
responsible for day-to-day activities to ensure the delivery of
quality patient care in a therapeutic environment. Make staff
assignments based on patient need and the skill of the staff. Serve
as role models and clinical resource for the staff. Respond in a
timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with
physician, staff or patient issues.
- Communication Skills: Verbal (with patients, families, grieving
persons)[Use of SBAR when dealing with physicians and their
offices, interdepartmental communication] Written (documentation of
patient care) Telephone (Pertaining to etiquette including HIPAA
- Physical Assessment of the Adult with acute and chronic
illness, Infection Control Issue/Safety.
- Proficiency in IV starts & ability to access implanted
- Administration of Medications - knowledge of commonly utilized
medications/proficiency with IV push medications, initiation and
management of PCA infusion.
- Aseptic Technique with regard to wounds, surgical sites, and
- Management of airways - oxygen set-up (nasal cannula,
ventimask, NRB, trach collar, BIPAP, Suctioning (oral, Nasal and
tracheal), and tracheotomy care.
- Management of the patient in cardiac and respiratory
- Management of the patient with decubitus: staging, selection of
surface, and encourages mobility.
- Management of drains (NG, OG, and PEG, chest tube,
- Obtains consents (surgical, chemotherapy etc), prepares
patients for procedures (including boarding pass, etc) such as
Endoscopy, Cardiac Catheterizations, Bronchoscopy, Thoracentesis
(Especially at bedside), MRI/MRA
- Management of blood transfusions - obtains consents, blood
justifications forms and refusal for blood transfusions. Monitors
for transfusion reactions.
- Management of the Peritoneal dialysis patient.Qualifications
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- BSN preferredWhat qualification you will need:
- Current TX RN licensure -
- 2 years of experience preferred
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and CertificationHCA Healthcare ranks
on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive
years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition
Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd
love to hear from you.If you find this opportunity compelling, we
encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you
are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. -We
are actively interviewing so apply today!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.Notice Our Company's recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking -.For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Valley Regional Medical Center, Brownsville , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Tele Stroke, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!