Posted on: May 16, 2022
Guide, Alpha BrownsvilleAnnual Salary: $100,000Spanish
Proficiency: Fluent (Required)
Alpha, a K-12 school in the heart of Austin, TX, is seeking a Guide
to join its growing team and help fulfill its mission to build
better schools. This is an onsite position at our new campus in
Alpha is redefining the way kids go to school. We make three
promises to parents and kids:
- Students love school.
- Students learn two times faster than in a traditional
- Students learn life skills (like public speaking, goal setting,
leadership, grit, entrepreneurship, and purpose) that are necessary
to be successful.
A Guide at Alpha is not a traditional teacher. In fact, this is not
a teaching role at all. Instead, it is the opportunity to lead kids
in an alternative setting using cutting-edge technology. If
motivating kids is your passion, you want to impact them by using
new educational models and technologies, and you're excited to
design, develop and execute skill-building workshops - this role is
You will have three primary responsibilities in this role:
- Motivate kids to do great things. Our students do their core
academic work on adaptive software. It's your job to figure out how
to get kids to show up every day excited to put in the work to
accomplish their goals.
- Build great workshops. We reserve our afternoons for hands-on
workshops that teach kids life skills. Your job is to design
engaging experiences for kids where they practice life skills such
as public speaking, giving and receiving feedback, and personal
- Run the playbook. In this role, you will need to become an
expert on our suite of learning apps, motivational strategies, and
- Spanish Proficiency: Fluent
- A passion for and experience with working with kids. Kids love
you and you know and love them.
- Demonstrated leadership, motivation and organizational
- An eagerness to receive constructive feedback and act on
- The ability to thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a top university.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills and the ability
to communicate effectively with kids and parents.
- The ability to build creative, never-done-before workshops that
compel and excite kids.
- 3-5 years experience in other competitive industries, such as
finance and tech start-ups.
You can learn more about the school by visiting alpha.school.
Keywords: Alpha, Brownsville , Guide (Brownsville), Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!