Company: Texas Southmost College
Posted on: January 20, 2023
3.9 Full-time5 hours ago Full Job Description Job Summary The
primary responsibility of the Foreman Operations is to perform a
variety of duties associated with coordinating, scheduling, and
maintaining operations in campus. Essential Duties and
- Assist, plans, organizes, maintains, and manages the operations
and reliability of College facilities and general infrastructure
- Monitors preventative maintenance processes and programs and
facility inspection processes and work performance on day to day
- Coordinates day to day operations of campus facilities,
ensuring that all services are effectively delivered and facility
needs are met.
- Implements and monitors policies, procedures and processes in
support of grounds and building maintenance operations and ensure
they are following college standards, policies and guidelines.
- Work with other departments and monitors event activities to
ensure facilities are ready for upcoming events.
- Assist in procurement activities associated with building and
grounds maintenance activities, which may include: preparing scope
of work, RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs for maintenance related work to
acquire trades and professional assistance.
- Maintain constant communication with Environmental Health,
Safety and Risk Management department to ensure compliance for
operations across campus.
- Conducts site inspections and recommends actions for
improvement as needed.
- Works with other departments to identify needs and provides
recommendation to management.
- Plans and assist with schedules of assigned staff.
- Trains and supervise the performance of assigned staff.
- Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from computer.
- Assist with writing specifications for purchases of equipment
needed or service contracts needed.
- Assist in providing timely responses to request received by the
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and
follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the
- Completes duties and responsibilities in compliance with
college standards, policies and guidelines.
- Promotes positive morale and teamwork within the functional
unit and provides exceptional customer service to students, faculty
and the community.
- Uses interpersonal skills and makes sound judgments to decide
how duties and responsibilities are completed between coworkers,
the supervisory chain, faculty, staff, students, and
- Completes all required training and professional development
sessions sponsored by Texas Southmost College (TSC).
- Supports the values and institutional goals as defined in the
Colleges Strategic Plan.
- Assists with the process for systematic review and evaluation
of the planning unit per the model adopted by the College,
including the development and monitoring of outcomes and plans of
action for improvement based on the assessment of those outcomes
- Working hours may include evenings, holidays or weekends
depending on deadline requirements and special events.
- Performs duties and responsibilities within a high-tech
- Performs other duties as assigned. Required Knowledge and
Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
- A strong commitment to the mission of the community
- Ability to assist in coordination and implementation of
comprehensive building and/or general maintenance programs.
- Ability to assist and prepare a variety of reports.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of work and
- Knowledge and ability to operate vehicles including tractors,
forklifts, mowers, carts, cars, trucks, vans and other landscape
equipment; tows trailers and ensures the safe loading of trailers
and instruct/train others in the operation and proper use of
- Knowledge and ability to use tools and equipment used in the
field and instruct/train others in the operation and proper use of
- Knowledge of principles and practices in facilities and
- Knowledge in applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules,
regulations, codes and/or statutes.
- Ability to read and interpret construction blueprints,
specifications, drawings, maps, and/or other related technical
- Ability to coordinate complex, multi-discipline projects
involving multiple locations.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions,
project consequences of proposed actions, and make recommendations
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- Demonstrated organizational skills in handling, coordinating
and prioritizing multiple and complex assignments/projects and
- Ability to grasp concepts and procedures quickly.
- Strong detail orientation and ability to multi-task.
- Strong judgment, decisiveness, and interpersonal skills to work
effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple interruptions and
- Cooperation team player in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-service oriented
collaborative team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships with administration, staff, faculty, students and the
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential data.
- Proficient in the use of e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet,
database, and presentation software and use of the Internet to
access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate
with others. Required Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
- Associates degree from an accredited college OR Five (5) years
of progressive responsibility for buildings, grounds, and/or
general maintenance with Three (3) years supervisory experience of
building or general maintenance workers.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation
software. Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree from accredited university OR Five (5) years
in supervisory experience of building or general maintenance
workers. Certificates and Licensures
- Valid Texas drivers license or the ability to obtain one within
ninety (90) days of hire.
- Forklift certification or the ability to obtain one within
ninety (90) days of hire. Physical Demands The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk;
sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally
works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to
risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate. Posting Detail Information Posting Number
2022197TSC Open Date 01/06/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions Summary Transcripts (unofficial) are required
to be attached to applications for all positions with an
educational requirement (Faculty/Staff/Administrative). Your
application is not considered complete until all required documents
have been attached. Attachments must be in PDF or Microsoft Word
format and must be no larger than 2 MB. You will not be able to
attach documents after your application has been submitted. Please
Note: Official transcripts are only required if recommended for
hire. Please Note: Official transcripts are only required if
recommended for hire. Official transcripts shall be sent directly
from the issuing institution to the College Districts Office of
Human Resources and must include documentation of all credit
earned, including the education requirements that specifically
qualifies the applicant for the position. The address to send all
transcripts is: Texas Southmost College Office of Human Resources
80 Fort Brown, Tandy 105 Brownsville, Texas 78520 For eTranscripts
please use email address: firstname.lastname@example.org The College District
recognizes equivalent credits and degrees earned from foreign
universities. The equivalency shall be determined by translation
and evaluation from a member of the National Association of
Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For more information please
Keywords: Texas Southmost College, Brownsville , Foreman-Operations, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!