Speech Language Pathologist Homecare
Company: Interim Healthcare - Brownsville, TX
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Provides services for the purpose of diagnosing and treating speech
and language disorders which result in communication disabilities,
and for the diagnosis and treatment of swallowing disorders
(dysphagia), as well as auditory rehabilitation. - The treatment
and intervention provided is in accordance with the patient's plan
of care, accepted standards of professional practice, applicable
law and regulation, as well as applicable Interim HealthCare
policies, procedures and clinical pathways.
* Assist the physician or other licensed independent practitioner
in evaluating the patient's level of communication deficit, hearing
and swallowing function, as well as in developing the resulting
plan of care/treatment including appropriate long term treatment
goals, selection of interventions, and the intensity, frequency and
duration of services to meet the needs of an individual
* Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments at
appropriate time points as assigned.
* Selects and teaches task-oriented therapeutic activities designed
to improve comprehension and production of language in oral, signed
or written modalities; speech and voice production; auditory
training; speech reading; and communication strategies using
multi-modal training (e.g. visual, auditory-visual, and
* Regularly assess changes in the patient's status since the last
visit/treatment day, and determine whether the planned services
should be modified, performing a re-evaluation and obtaining
revision orders from the physician as indicated.
* Prepares and submits timely, legible, relevant and sufficient
documentation - whether written or electronic - of treatment and
skilled intervention provided, as well appropriate reports of a
patient's progress toward goals in accordance with professional
standards of practice, policy and procedures, and payor
* Advises and consults with the family and/or other caregivers to
promote patient progress and planning for discharge.
* Participates in educating the patient and the family, and other
caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established
* Actively effectively communicates with other members of the
interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care in order to
promote coordination of patient care and planning for
* Visually and auditorially observes and assesses the patient.
* Participates in quality and performance improvement measures
* Participates in in-service training, as requested.
* Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
* Has access to personal health information ("PHI") necessary to
fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. - Access to use and
ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Master's or doctoral degree in speech language pathology, and who
meets either of the following requirements:* licensed as a
speech-language pathologist by the State in which the individual
furnishes such services; or
* In the case of an individual who furnishes services in a State
which does not license speech-language pathologists:* Has
successfully completed 350 clock hours of supervised clinical
practicum (or is in the process of accumulating such supervised
* * -
* Performed not less than 9 months of supervised full-time
speech-language pathology services after obtaining a master's or
doctoral degree in speech-language pathology or a related field;
* Successfully completed an approved national examination in
* In the last five (5) years, two (2) years of experience as a
speech language pathologist that is relevant to the patient
* Provide proof of valid driver's license, per
* Provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s)
includes driving own vehicle to transport patient, per
* Meets applicable state and federal health screening
* Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background
checks where required.
* Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with
local, state, and federal law and regulations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
* Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the
care of the patient.
* Able to provide proof of current CPR certification, per
* Able to prioritize multiple functions or tasks to effectively
manage multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
* Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient care
per applicable law or regulation.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Work is normally performed in a residence, aggregate living
facility, school or occupational setting.
* Work environment involves occasional exposure to communicable
diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or
hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive
safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment
(e.g. face masks, goggles, latex or non-latex gloves).
* Able to spend varying amounts of time sitting, standing and
* Able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach
* Able to lift, reposition, and transfer patients.
* Sufficient endurance to perform the required physical and mental
tasks over long periods of time.
* Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
* Visual acuity, dexterity and hearing to perform required
* Ability to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours as
* Physical activity is sedentary and may require occasional
lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 10 lbs.
* Travel within geographic area serviced by office, if
* Able to travel locally from assignment to assignment, if
Keywords: Interim Healthcare - Brownsville, TX, Brownsville , Speech Language Pathologist Homecare, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!