Company: Workforce Solutions Cameron
Posted on: September 12, 2023
As an integral part of the Community Engagement & Communications
team, the Communications Specialist provides leadership and support
in communications, public relations, special projects, and media
relations functions for Workforce Solutions Cameron. The
Communications Specialist provides accurate, timely and
professional communication to both internal and external audiences
through a variety of media. This position influences the
organizations public image, including: writing and editing for
print and online publications; developing and managing content
marketing, and day-to-day implementation of social media activity;
photography, designing and writing marketing materials; and media
relations. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate
strategic thinking and develop purposeful marketing and
communications plans, have strong writing, editing and
video/digital skills, and be passionate about telling the agency's
- Help develop and administer communications and public relations
initiatives that promote the organization's programs, services, and
- Develop print and electronic materials including
brochures/flyers, social media content, videos, web content,
newsletter, news releases, etc. Work with agency personnel and
employers to develop informational materials in print and
electronic formats in preparation for hiring events and job
- Work with CEC Manager to create and implement a social media
marketing strategy; manage social media pages, respond to feedback
and questions, coordinate the editorial calendar, partner with
other departments and programs to highlight their success
- Actively monitor online reputation and social media
- Develop, maintain standard operating procedures.
- Conduct media relations activities including news writing,
interviews, media lists, news releases, pitching, inquiries, and
tracking news. Serve as spokesperson on live TV.
- Implement campaigns around key programs and issues, including
monitoring media cycles and updating media lists.
- Identify and effectively make use of public relations
opportunities. Analyze and provide guidance on public
relations/communications strategies, activities and results.
- Possess proficient skills in graphic design and videography.
Assist with creative concepts and some technical development.
- Manage creation and selection of photography for print and
- Support, add value and adhere to the Community Engagement &
Communications team's goals, plan and best practices in all
communications and marketing activities.
- Help other staff members to prepare for workshops, trainings,
guest speaker engagements, and other events to ensure that all
communications are accurate and consistent.
- Submit regular reports on progress towards goals.
- Other duties as assigned.Other Functions:
- Build and maintain relationships with organizations in the
- Travel to attend meetings, training and other activities.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA / BS from an accredited university and 1 year of experience
in communications and public relations or 3+ years of experience in
communications and public relations
- Effective organizational skills, problem-solving skills and the
ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks successfully
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and strong
attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional
Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and other digital communication and
- Knowledge of principles and methods for developing social media
strategy and executing tactics. Understanding the fundamentals of
social media platforms.Preferred:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Proficiency with Photoshop and Vegas video editing
software.Certificates and Licenses Required:A valid Texas motor
vehicle operators license and reliable means of
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and
in written form to express and exchange ideas.
- While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee
must be able to access all components of work station and other
- Frequent typing, writing, bending and twisting.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.Work Environment:Includes
both a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to
excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, and local travel,
including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and
occasional environmental hazards.Southwest Key Programs is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer. The Southwest Key Programs
provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants
without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or
disability status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Workforce Solutions Cameron, Brownsville , Communications Specialist, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!