Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: March 9, 2023
First Vehicle Services is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving City of Brownsville! Wages up to $19/hour Depending on
Experience First things First: Who are we? First Vehicle Services
is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance
services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has
been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and
maintenance services at governments, school districts,
petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities,
and private organizations throughout the United States. Why join
First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $17 - $19 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Night shift 2:30p – 11p is primary. Mid shift 11:30a- 8p is
- Monday - Friday full-time shift schedule and consistent,
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the Diesel Mechanic Position As a Diesel
Mechanic with First Vehicle Services, you will help maintain and
repair Diesel Cummins engines ISL9 CM2250 &2350, ISM, ISB;
Diesel 6.6 chevy with Allision Transmissions Gillig Lowfloors &
Hybrids Buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety. Other major job
- Assist with preventive maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services. Diesel Technician
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed – We train!
- At least 1 year of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR
Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including
marijuana, for any reason. Get your career on the road with First
Vehicle Services! We aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce
therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all.
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Brownsville , Mechanic, Professions , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...