Preventive Maintenance Technician (12713)
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Job DescriptionNovolex employs over 10,000 people across the globe. We strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do. JOB SUMMARY:Responsible for keeping plant machinery in good condition LIST OF MAJOR JOB DUTIES:2. Analyze and calculate dimensions for repairs and parts construction.3. Maintain all plant building facilities and make repairs as needed.4. Keep machine shop stocked with necessary equipment.5. Complete repairs on plant machinery.6. Make new printer stations and enlarge small printers as needed.7. Make roll stands.8. Remove and install machinery in plant.9. Repair paste pumps.10. Weld and rebuild needed parts for machinery.11. Inspect all pipes in plant and repair any leaks.12. Remain knowledgeable of current machine technology.13. Provide maintenance on bag machines that are down.14. Carries out preventive maintenance on production machines.15. Overhauls bag machines as needed.16. Repairs: press, delivery, end sealers, printers, roll stands and other parts of bag machinery as needed.17. Repairs bag machines as needed or required.18. Lubricates bag machines.19. Trains adjusters on preventive maintenance and repairs.20. Keeps good housekeeping.21. Assigns maintenance personnel to task.22. Will work safely using lock out tag out devises when repairing machines.23. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.SUPERVISION NEEDED: Frequent Average x MinimalPRINCIPAL CONTACTS INSIDE/OUTSIDE COMPANY:Frequent contact with employees throughout the plant. Occasional contact with vendors.WORK EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:High School diploma, or equivalent work experience, is required. Two to three years post-high school education(mechanical, electrical or related courses) or equivalent experience, is required. Five years work experience in bag machine or maintenance in order to handle job duties. Previous supervisory experience is required.TECHNICAL SKILLS NEEDED:Position requires individual to handle multiple priorities with patience, seeing that production line duties are accomplished smoothly. Must have good eyesight (no color blindness) in order to spot flaws in color comparison, print set-up, etc. as bags come off the production line. Should have general understanding of how machines work in order to clean, adjust and make repairs. Must be mechanically inclined.Should have basic math and record-keeping skills in order to work with preventive maintenance files.ANY OTHER ABILITY NEEDED:Must be able to work in a factory environment and handle physical requirements of the job. Must be able to communicate and work well with people. Must be able to work independentlyMust have knowledge of machinery and must be able to make repairs on them.CHECK THE FOLLOWING IF NEEDED IN THIS JOB: x Problem Solving x Frequent Interaction with others x Analytical ability Dexterity x Communication skills x Knowledge of machinery (a plus) x Bilingual (Spanish/English)DESCRIBE WHY THESE ARE NEEDED:Position must be able to communicate and work effectively with employees. Must be able to make maintenance decisions about machines and correct them on the spot.WHAT MACHINES OR TOOLS ARE USED:All plant machinery, machine shop equipment, mechanic tools.PERCENTAGE OF TIME WORKING AROUND MACHINERY: 100%WHAT WORKING CONDITIONS WILL THIS POSITION ENCOUNTER:Exposed to heat, dust, dirt, fumes, noise, glue, inks due to factory setting.WHAT MAY RESULT FROM COMMON ERRORS IN THIS POSITION:Errors can occur in any facet or wiring or electrical/mechanical work(I.e. wrong hook-ups and voltage) or in failure to act on potentially dangerous situations. Errors can result in downtime, loss of production, damage to equipment or plant, power failure, fire risk or injury to employees. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (time depends on job task)x Lifting; a minimum of 70 lbs.x Carrying; a minimum of 50 lbs.x Pullingx Pushing x Reaching above shoulderx Use of fingers/hands frequentlyx Walking; 5 hoursx Standing; 7 hoursx Crawling; 2 hourx Kneeling; 2 hoursx Bending; 2 hoursx Climbing; 2 hoursx Ability to work at a rapid pacex Visual abilityx Depth perceptionx Ability to distinguish colorx Hearing ability Other;MAJOR JOB HAZARDS:Lifting, bending, carrying, slips, trips, falls, cuts, shock, burn.PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE) REQUIRED:Back Support BeltsEye ProtectionEar ProtectionHair Net or CapSafety Steel ShoesDust Masks - when working in or around areas that produce dust/dirtWrist supports - if requestedGloves - used when cleaning machines with cleaning solutions.Lockout Tagout Devices - applied to energy points when repairing machines.About the Company
- Novolex is North Americas leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- Novolex is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 62 facilities around the globe, including the worlds largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 10,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- The family of historic Novolex brands includes Bagcraft Packaging, Hilex Poly, Fortune Plastics, Duro Bag, De Luxe Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag, International Converter, General Packaging Products, Heritage Bag, Burrows Packaging, Sheilds and The Waddington Group.
- Each of the Novolex brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.Our Mission
- Novolexs mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.Our Environmental MissionNovolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the communityFor more information on Novolex, visit our website at: www.novolex.comNovolex does not publically post salary information on job boards.The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Pre-employment, as well as post-hire substance testing, is required for specified positions through Novolex. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.Novolex is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Companys application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-845-6051.Novolex is an E-Verify Employer.Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements. Company DescriptionNovolexTM is one of North America’s leaders in packaging choice and sustainability; serving retail, grocery, food service, hospitality, institutional and industrial markets. Novolex’sTM packaging brands are leaders in the markets they serve due to their innovation, diversity of products, and dedication to sustainability and quality embraced by the nearly 10,000 NovolexTM families. With the addition of The Waddington Group, NovolexTM has 62 locations worldwide, including two world class plastic recycling facilities.The family of historic NovolexTM brands includes Hilex Poly®, Duro Bag®, Bagcraft® Packaging, De Luxe®Packaging, General Packaging® Products, International Converter®, ShieldsTM, Heritage Bag® , Burrows PackagingTM , Waddington North AmericaTM , Polar PakTM , Waddington EuropeTM , and Eco Products®. Each of the NovolexTM brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The NovolexTM brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality, Service, Packaging Choice, and Sustainability.
Keywords: Novolex, Brownsville , Preventive Maintenance Technician (12713), Professions , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!