CT Technician (PRN)- Apply and ask me about our Sign On Bonuses!!
Company: Valley Regional Medical Center
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Valley Regional Medical Center --- Brownsville, TX--Shift PRNCT
Tech--Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional
Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding
communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best
health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.--Valley
Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over
200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional
Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality
inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
- 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
- Open Heart Surgery
- Women---s Services
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Wound Care Center ----Valley Regional is currently looking for
a CT Tech.----Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates competency in patient preparation including
consent, scheduling and screening, patient education, boarding
pass, and immobilization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient assessment including history,
monitoring, vital signs, oximetry, heart rhythm and cardiac
- Demonstrates knowledge of laboratory values including renal
function (e.g. BUN, Creatinine clearance, GFR, PT, PTT, platelet,
- Demonstrates knowledge of IV procedures, venipuncture, site
selection, aseptic and sterile technique.
- Demonstrates knowledge of contrast agents, ionic, non-ionic,
hyper-osmolar, iso-osmolar, barium sulfate, water soluble
(iodinated) air and water soluble (iodinated) air and water.
- Demonstrates knowledge of administration route (IV, oral,
rectal, intrathecal, catheters, intra-articular) and
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical factors affecting patient
does; KVp, MAs, pitch, collimation MA modulation techniques,
mutidetector configuration, gataing.
- Demonstrates knowledge of radiation protection and dose
measurement, CT dose index (CTDI), multiple scan average dose
(MSAD), and dose length product (DLP)
- Demonstrates knowledge of image display, Pixel, Voxel, matrix,
image magnification, field of view (scan reconstruction) and
display, attenuation coefficient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of image quality, spatial resolution,
contrast resolution, temporal resolution, noise and uniformity, and
quality assurance.Qualifications Qualifications:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiological
Technology and/or completed and passed an approved course in MRI
- ARRT(R)(MRI) registry is preferred
- Two years Radiological Technology experience is required in
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Valley Regional Medical Center, Brownsville , CT Technician (PRN)- Apply and ask me about our Sign On Bonuses!!, Professions , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!