Registered Nurse Medical East PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description Do you want to be a part of a family and not just
another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where
diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and
find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We value your
contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our
teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse
to join our family. Come be a part of the change! We offer you an
excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary,
excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in
our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your
benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program,
employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Valley
Regional Medical Center - Brownsville, TX Registered Nurse (RN) -
Medical Unit Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley
Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the
surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing
the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with
over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley
Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality
inpatient and outpatient programs and services. What you will do in
- The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the
scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintains a safe therapeutic environment.
- Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual
needs of the patient.
- Plans individualized patient care utilizing an
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the
goals of the hospital's mission and vision statement.
- When acting in charge nurse role, registered nurses are
responsible for day-to-day activities to ensure the delivery of
quality patient care in a therapeutic environment. Make staff
assignments based on patient need and the skill of the staff. Serve
as role models and clinical resource for the staff. Respond in a
timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with
physician, staff or patient issues.
- Communication Skills: Verbal (with patients, families, grieving
persons)[Use of SBAR when dealing with physicians and their
offices, interdepartmental communication] Written (documentation of
patient care) Telephone (Pertaining to etiquette including HIPAA
- Physical Assessment of the Adult with acute and chronic
illness, Infection Control Issue/Safety.
- Proficiency in IV starts & ability to access implanted
- Administration of Medications - knowledge of commonly utilized
medications/proficiency with IV push medications, initiation and
management of PCA infusion.
- Aseptic Technique with regard to wounds, surgical sites, and
- Management of airways - oxygen set-up (nasal cannula,
ventimask, NRB, trach collar, BIPAP, Suctioning (oral, Nasal and
tracheal), and tracheotomy care.
- Management of the patient in cardiac and respiratory
- Management of the patient with decubitus: staging, selection of
surface, and encourages mobility.
- Management of drains (NG, OG, and PEG, chest tube,
- Obtains consents (surgical, chemotherapy etc), prepares
patients for procedures (including boarding pass, etc) such as
Endoscopy, Cardiac Catheterizations, Bronchoscopy, Thoracentesis
(Especially at bedside), MRI/MRA
- Management of blood transfusions - obtains consents, blood
justifications forms and refusal for blood transfusions. Monitors
for transfusion reactions.
- Management of the Peritoneal dialysis patient.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- BSN preferredWhat qualification you will need:
- Current TX RN licensure
- 2 years of experience preferred
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and CertificationHCA Healthcare ranks
on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive
years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition
Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd
love to hear from you. If you find this opportunity compelling, we
encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you
are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We
are actively interviewing so apply today! We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Brownsville , Registered Nurse Medical East PRN, Healthcare , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!