Company: Southwest Key Programs
Posted on: January 8, 2020
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative
support and project coordination for program management. This
includes conducting research, prepare reports, track complex
program developments, and generally keep all aspects of the Program
Directors office as well as the entire Unaccompanied Minors program
organized and efficient.
- Provide wide range of administrative support, organizational
assistance, and project management to the Program Director and
Assistant Program Director in the fast-paced, urgent, high
accountability environment of the shelter.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of all departments functions
and activities in order to respond to internal and external
inquiries and requests for information and departmental
- Conduct research as requested in preparation for meetings,
phone calls, board reports, and business trips.
- Answer and receive incoming calls and correspondence. Collect,
maintain and submit data for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
to Program Director, Southwest Keys national headquarters and
Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR).
- Process, maintain and review all program personnel records
including training records.
- Review monthly financials to ensure compliance with
operations/contract requirements. Adhere to negotiated annual
budget and spending requirements including petty cash and stipend
- Oversee purchase and maintain inventory control of office,
household, educational, client, and kitchen supplies.
- Monitor the physical plant and vehicle maintenance to maintain
a safe, clean and hazard-free environment.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with organization, licensing,
and funding source for all program departments.
- Attend all organizational required trainings.
- Attend all departmental and program meetings to ensure that
up-to-date information is received and/or information of policy
changes or practice are adhered to.
- Must assist in the evacuation of youth as needed due to
inclement weather conditions, natural disasters, or other
- Travel as needed for trainings, conferences or to transport
youth to destinations located within the S.
- Maintain a safe, clean and hazard-free work area.
- Develop and maintain productive relations with local, state,
and federal contacts.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivelant, with a total of three years
supervisory/administrative experience as an office manager.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Windows
(Microsoft Word, Excel), variety of online database systems.
- Required to work a flexible schedule to facilitate program
- Cleared Tuberculosis test results.
- Cleared background check from appropriate entity.
- Cleared drug test results (this one is for Texas programs
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.Must be
able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and in written
form to express and exchange ideas. While performing the
responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to access
all components of work station and other office equipment. Frequent
typing, writing, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift up to
10 pounds.General office environment with moderate noise. This
position is mostly sedentary, involves sitting most of the time,
but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. A
busy environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Frequent
computer use at workstation for extended periods of time. Public
contact position requiring appropriate business apparel.ID:
2019-13770 External Company Name: Southwest Key Programs External
Company URL: www.swkey.org
Keywords: Southwest Key Programs, Brownsville , Executive Assistant, Other , Brownsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!